• Recent Forum Posts

fourtytwo

First smps

My first reply was lost so I hope this makes sense re-written from memory!

The major difference is in distribution of ripple currents and

fourtytwo Today, 08:52 AM Go to last post
    brady

First smps

I did several tests in LT spice and determined that using two film caps vs. using one in series made no difference in performance. The transformer was

brady Today, 12:59 AM Go to last post
    fourtytwo

First smps

Good you are familiar with LTspice, a very useful tool. Then I suggest you throw a short on the output just as the high side starts conducting and see

fourtytwo Yesterday, 09:14 AM Go to last post
    brady

First smps

I'm actually thinking of using a LM7815 to regulate the auxilliary winding. I figure based on the MOSFET gate resistance plus an external gate resistance

brady Yesterday, 04:26 AM Go to last post
    Silvio

First smps

What is going to regulate your auxiliary supply? what about voltage fluctuations? I believe you are using an IR2110 after the SG3525 to drive your fets.

Silvio 01-19-2017, 10:18 PM Go to last post
    Silvio

First smps

What is going to regulate your auxiliary supply? what about voltage fluctuations? I believe you are using an IR2110 after the SG3525 to drive your fets.

Silvio 01-19-2017, 10:18 PM Go to last post
    brady

First smps

Thanks for the recognition!

It is my understanding that the two coupling capacitors on the half bridge will keep flux walking in

brady 01-19-2017, 08:21 PM Go to last post
    brady

First smps

I've been thinking on the circuit for a bit and came up with a startup circuit similar in nature that uses one less transistor (actually only one mosfet).

brady 01-19-2017, 07:53 PM Go to last post
    Silvio

First smps

Correction

According to my schematic regarding the constant current source in 350w smps based on borysgo2 here is a better explanation

Silvio 01-19-2017, 07:08 PM Go to last post
    Silvio

First smps

1) input bulk caps seems ok for the power needed
    2) output caps I would go for something with a bit more capacitance like 1500-2000 total would

Silvio 01-19-2017, 09:30 AM Go to last post
  • diysmps

by Published on 03-28-2013 10:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by lavindoo View Post
    Mr ... how to know ir2117 work well ... I am building a class H amp volt dc step-up using ir2117 ... on the negative rail

• Recent Activity Widget

norazmi

IR2153 smps with short circuit protection.

Thread Starter: norazmi

Hello today i`m build new smps with ir2153, this schematic and pcb files are from forosdeelectronica and credits go to mniclauo. This smps was up and...

Last Post By: leoloel 01-10-2017, 02:01 PM Go to last post
    blasphemy000

Some questions about my SMPS TIG Welder build...

Thread Starter: blasphemy000

Dear Friends: I am currently in the planning/designing phase of building a Switch-Mode TIG welder and I have some questions. Before anybody asks,...

Last Post By: blasphemy000 01-12-2017, 06:19 PM Go to last post
    brady

First smps

Thread Starter: brady

Hello, I am a third year Electrical Engineering student. I am interested in designing and building my first smps and figured this would be the...

Last Post By: fourtytwo Today, 08:52 AM Go to last post
    Silvio

1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Thread Starter: Silvio

Hi fellas, I am building a smps based on Ludo 3232 but with a different arrangement. I would like to take some comments about the arrangement of the...

Last Post By: villenjak 01-12-2017, 07:09 PM Go to last post
    Acca

d3k high power class D

Thread Starter: Acca

Here's my d3k amp.It sound's good.No hiss or noise in speaker.Output DC max +/-15mV It use separated and isolated gate drive which is recommended...

Last Post By: stewin 01-13-2017, 07:42 AM Go to last post
    battalevren

Help on Topology Selection

Thread Starter: battalevren

input voltage: 190-265 VAC output voltage 1: 2X35v 4 amp symetric output voltage 2: 2x12v 500ma symetric I need an SMPS adapter with the above...

Last Post By: lucas-nld 01-12-2017, 08:13 PM Go to last post