Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMPS with PFC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiex View Post
    I see you played quite a lot with amplifiers and power supplies. I guess you have enough experience to go through this build.

Regarding Upik yes he comes to this forum every now and then. I will ask him if you want to contact him.

Smps

Hello Silvio
    greetings i have ordered the pcbs from jlpcb now i am ordering the parts can you identify IC 1
    8pin soic smd beneath the pcb bottom layer
    warm regards
    Michelle
    Attached Images Attached Images

No signs of Upik

Blog Entries
    Hello Silvio
    greetings i have ordered the pcbs from jlpcb now i am ordering the parts can you identify IC 1
    8pin soic smd beneath the pcb bottom layer
    warm regards
    Michelle
    I guess that is the PFC control chip NCP1653.

Regarding Upik I sent him a message and gave him the link, now its up to him.

Hello Silvio
    greetings many THANKS for your kind cooperation and guidance highly appreciated

warm regards
    Michelle

Hello Silvio
    greetings can you guide me how to make PWM transformer for the schematic posted in first post

warm regards
    Michelle

Blog Entries
    Hi Michelle, The main transformer detail is all in the video. What other problem you have just let me know.
    I also wanted to tell you that the chip you asked me about last time it could also be UC3845. This chip controls the auxiliary supply. Please follow the traces on the pcb and you can make out if this is correct. If it's the UC3845 then you shall see some traces leading to the auxiliary transformer on the pcb. I do not have the PDF file for the PCB layout and the one you posted is not very clear and I cannot enlarge it either.

Here are some blog posts to help you out for making a good transformer and also how to make litz wire. download the pdf files attached with the blog posts.

http://www.diysmps.com/forums/entry....z-wire-at-home

http://www.diysmps.com/forums/entry....tices-for-smps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3ixhcTYFg&t=1s

Regards, Silvio

Hello Silvio
    greetings and many thanks for replying i am waiting for the pcbs and collecting the parts if you need pcb
    the one shown in the vedio i can send it to you for trying are you on facebook

warm regards
    Michelle

Smps

Hello Silvio
    greetings managed to find the schematic of the pcb i ordered please can you check PWM section
    is it correct
    warm regards
    Michelle
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Hello Silvio
    greetings managed to find the schematic of the pcb i ordered please can you check PWM section
    is it correct
    warm regards
    Michelle
    Hi Michelle, Do not be mislead the video in the first post shows a full bridge smps while you are building a half bridge smps. As I can see the pcb takes two kinds of transformer. It either takes an EE55 or an ETD49. The EE55 gives a little more power in fact I got 2KW in my prototype with EE55. ETD49 will give you around 1.5Kw. You must also consider the input voltage with the PFC will be always higher than the maximum AC input voltage.

Let us say that the maximum input voltage of the smps is 254vac then rectifying and smoothing will bring a voltage of around 360vdc. Usually we settle for a voltage of 380-400v. Please also consider your nominal input AC voltage at home and if it is on the lower side like 210vac or lower then it will be better to settle for around 370v or so. I am saying this because the PFC will have enough headroom to boost up the voltage when high load is present.

With all this in mind please let me know what transformer you are going to use and also the core material so that I can work out the number of turns for you. Please also let me know the output voltage wanted. I will also want to know the bobbin length and the window space so that I can calculate how the winding will fit in the transformer. The switching frequency will be adapted according to how things will fit and copper wire used. Please also tell me what switching transistors are you going to use as I have to put the saturation voltage or the RDS on in the software. I also want to know what output diodes for the output you are going to use. I am assuming that this smps is going to be used for audio amplifier.

Regarding the PCB I think all is well and as you start assembling things I will guide you step by step so that you will not blow anything up.
    Yes I am on facebook and also watsup. send my an email on silviodeleo@gmail.com and I
    give you details.

Here is the link for the HB smps you are building https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MHwd7Ro27g&t=1s

Regards Silvio
    Last edited by Silvio; 09-11-2019 at 08:28 PM.