Page 1 of 37 1231131 ... LastLast

Thread: Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet cheap

diysmps Senior Member

Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet cheap

Here again, this one i already made and success, idk if this amp can provide true 200 wrms but i aim at least 100 wrms, tested run with +- 45 vdc both linear supply and smps, 4 ohm still running cool, mosfet i use irf540 and irf9540, 1 uf filter cap, t106-2 iron powder core 22 uh. i`ll post later some of my picture finish amp and its small :P

credit goes to owner edtagle i think hes name at forosdeelectronica forum.

here is the schematic attach.
    Attached Images Attached Images

diysmps Senior Member
    here is the board, have many version of it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

diysmps Senior Member
    sample of finish amp, i`ll upload mine later

diysmps Senior Member
    This is the pwm picture, this amp already tested and finish, this amp run about 6 month without any problem at +-45 vdc, i did not test it with 2 ohm because its complementary n-ch and p-ch mosfet, i do test another module with ir2110 as a driver + tl074 +- 60 vdc and 2 ohm is easy to take.

picture of my amp base on this. anything regarding of this amp u can ask me, i`ll try my best to answer it. regards.

nice work

Hi Norazmi
    greetings nice compact amp can you share pcb and component values for this amp whats
    power in 4 ohms load and how difficult is it for someone trying d class first time
    warm regards
    michelle

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Hi Norazmi
    greetings nice compact amp can you share pcb and component values for this amp whats
    power in 4 ohms load and how difficult is it for someone trying d class first time
    warm regards
    michelle
    Hi michelle,

Yes sure, i build that amp base on this pcb design, which use bd139 and bd140,. If you re first time to build this amp, im suggest you to use rail voltage +30 0 -30 vdc, 4 ohms it would be easy deliver at least 100 watts, depend on your transformer and supply, how much current you have, i would suggest at least u have +- 30vdc at 5 amp. its not really difficult to build already tested amp, just make sure be carefully when assembly this amp with right parts, double check after finish assembly before power it on, dont connect output to speaker yet after u connect to power supply, and please do check with volt meter DC measurement to make sure there is no dc at output, if u dont this, and ur amp have error and having dc at output , it will destroy your speaker.

the tricky part is to build inductor, this is important to make right inductor because some dont have core T106-2 (iron powder) but u can use toroid core (ferrite) with air gaps about 1-2 mm, DONT use T106-6 core because this core will generate heat much more than 80 Celsius!!, if u can get T106-2 this is better choice, or at least u can use ferrite core torodial or EE or EI core with right winding to get 80-90 % accurate value in uh, i have few sample of core i made it from ferrite toroid and EE @ EI core, i can show it if anyone want build it.

You can take 1uf caps from pc power supply and u can use main trafo to make filter about 22-30 uh, EE33 @ EI should work great, but as i say T106-2 is the best core for best performance.

regards,
    Azmi.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by norazmi; 12-30-2011 at 03:40 AM.

diysmps Senior Member
    sample of toroid ferrite core 22uh and core size almost same as T106-2, this core material F77 i take it out from car power amp transformer, hehehe , easy part lol , and this core have air gaps about 2 mm , i cut it with mini drill.

thanks

Hi Norazmi
    greetings thank you for the reply and pcb i will make it tomorrow only problem output
    inductor ferrite core i have some ferrites i will show u
    warm regards
    michelle

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Hi Norazmi
    greetings thank you for the reply and pcb i will make it tomorrow only problem output
    inductor ferrite core i have some ferrites i will show u
    warm regards
    michelle
    allright, no problem, i`ll show u one more, E core, i`ll take it picture and measure core size and winding, that toroid core have 23 laps awg 16.

Hi noramzi your amp looks really interesting could you please post a bigger schematic so that the part numbers are readable thanks