Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scale able class D 1250W UCD style and Non-UCD style - PCB Ready. Tested.

diysmps Senior Member

Scale able class D 1250W UCD style and Non-UCD style - PCB Ready. Tested.

Hi,

i`m gonna to post hi-end class D pwm base on IR2110 + LM311 for UCD style and IR2110 + TL074 for non-UCD style. This amp already tested and i`ll post for both circuit + pcb + silk. Most of us already understand when implement into class D pwm will face few adjustment to apply with suiteable power rails. Also to measure dc at output is omportant because it can burn @ damage your speaker without correct connection. My suggestion if u include dc protection for this amp and if u can apply short circuit protection connect to SD mode at IR2110. Unfortunately i`m not done yet with SD protection and only depends on fuse at each rails + DC protection. So far so good and never blow any mosfet yet since 1 year running this module. I`ve build both UCD and Non-UCD style, nothing much different, but with LM311 we need good filter at input signal. Its very sensitive pwm need to proper filter to avoid any EMI with others electronic devices.

Credits goes to owner ejtagle from foros de electronica forum . here you go for hi power class D pwm module. I believe there are many modules on the net and also here in diysmps forum. I hope all of u like it.

regards.
    Azmi

diysmps Senior Member

UCD style schematic and PCB

this is UCD style complete with schematic and PCB
    Attached Files Attached Files

diysmps Senior Member

Non-UCD schematic

this is NON-UCD style complete with schematic , i forgot where is the pcb file located, i`ll try to find out.

Thank you

Hi Norazmi
    greetings thanks for posting i am making iti appreciate your efforts of posting tried tested circuits
    warm regards
    michelle

diysmps Senior Member
    nvm michelle.

make it with care, like u make simple class d before, sure it will success

Class d

Hi Norazmi
    greetings i made amp and powered it its come on no distortion very very clear sound but
    audio power is only about 20 watts just few things i want to clarify

1 gate resistances are 27 ohms is it ok
    2 what voltage did you get on emitter of TIP 31C i am getting 24 volts thats supply pin of IR2110 pin 9 and pin3
    i will send you high def pics for you to see if any component is wrong rest amp is clear no distortion
    supply 40 volts dc i used ceramic cap 330pf in feedback i have siver mica 1% should i use it ill keep you
    informed
    warm regards
    michelle

CLASS D high power

Hi Norazmi
    greetings just want to know why 2 TIP31 are used in pcb and component layout but schematic shows one TIP31 trying to figure out whats wrong
    warm regards
    michelle

diysmps Senior Member
    Hi michelle,

gate resistance is depend on what type of mosfet do u use, if u look at original schematic its use irfp250, but if u can get good mosfet with low rds-on you can even lower the resistor gate, such as irfb4020, irfb4019, irfb4710, irf540z and etc.. i use irf540n with 22 ohm gate resistor with +45 0 -45 vdc, because irf540 have lower rdson than irfp250, and more cool.

for the tip31c if u see on the schematic, its clamp with 12v zener diode, so the output will be 12v or less. and i`ve got 12vdc also. you need to measure with emitter of tip31c with -ve rails, do measure it with ground you will get wrong data :P.

for your information, ceramic is better, because ceramic is well known best working at high freq .

for the tip31c have 2 on the board, because if you look carefully at the design they put both version of the pcb together, 1 is for to-247 will use upper tip31c as a supply to fix with to-247 position, and if you use to-220 as output transistor you can solder tip31c below, so it will fix with output transistor for easy to mount at heatsink. .

hope u can get that, yea if u have any picture, please post it here. i`ll take a look at my pc if i have sample picture for reference.

Class-D Mosfet

Hello

Attached is a MOSFET specially designed for CLASS-D amplifiers,

At least, you may take the specification of this Mosfet, and make your selection based on it

Enjoy
    www.diysmps.com & www.Micro-Audio.com

CLASS D high power

Hi Norazmi
    greetings just one pic yes voltage is correct on emitter of tip with reference to negative rail.

Warm Regards
    Michelle
    Attached Images Attached Images