Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LLC Resonant Converter

diysmps Member*

LLC Resonant Converter

I'm working on the development of an LLC Resonant Half Bridge Converter. For the integration of the resonant inductor Iím looking for a 2-section bobbin for a ETD49 core. Can someone give me a hint where I can buy this bobbin?

I had to look that one up. There is a nice AP note here on the design of a LLC converter showing the use of a sectional bobbin.

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/an/AN/AN-4151.pdf

But as for the actual bobbin I have never seen one. However it may be fairly easy to modify a regular bobbin to include a partition. Find a flexible piece of plastic and put a hole in it the size of the bobbin core dimension and cut half way thru it. then bend it and force it over the bobbin and epoxy it in to place.

I do not think you will find a standard sectional bobbin because the position of the section will depend on the design power and frequency of the transformer, which dictates the size and number of winding’s.

2-section bobbin

Hi lupus,
    I have been searching for a 2-section bobbin for EDT39.
    Only found manufakturers in China.
    For EDT34 there is one at MM-Elektronik.
    I'll glue some pcb material to a normal bobbin.

diysmps Member*
    Hi hilli_billi,
    Thanks for your hints. I'm now in contact with the company Magnetica from Italy. They have some ETDxx 2-section bobbins.
    Do you have any adress of MM-Elektronik ?
    Best

Hi lupus,
    I'm not shure if it's allowed to post adresses here, but since it is sometimes difficult for us hobbyists to buy magnetics etc. ...
    http://www.spulen.com/shop/
    It's a good source for cores, HF-wires, bobbins, isolation material,...
    They have 'Schutzklasse Distanzringe' ( safety_class_system-spacer ?). Maybe that could be glued to a standard bobbin, to make a 2-section.

hilli-billi, I really want to thank you for that link. That is the best transformer site i have ever seen.

diysmps Member*
    Hi hilli_billi,
    many thanks for that link, and your informations.

Hi together,
    I'm just dissecting the trafo of a resonant converter, that I bought from China.
    They took a 'Kabelbinder' (cable strap/tie) to build the two chamber bobbin.
    Good idea, at least for prototype. This evenig I can build a replica trafo

diysmps Member*
    Hi all,
    the company norwe (norwe.com) has a ETD44 2-section bobbin in production and ETD49/59 on request.

Quote Originally Posted by hilli_billi View Post
    Hi together,
    I'm just dissecting the trafo of a resonant converter, that I bought from China.
    They took a 'Kabelbinder' (cable strap/tie) to build the two chamber bobbin.
    Good idea, at least for prototype. This evenig I can build a replica trafo
    Can you post a picture.