Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smps 2000va max for audio with simple component has to find and not expensive

smps 2000va max for audio with simple component has to find and not expensive

a smps is very difficult. and all the diagram which one finds on the forum does not function even any more if they functions it is only for one short period. I devoted more than 4 years for my first smps functional has long run. there are many secrecy and details that nobody wants to share. to manufacture smps and a very profitable project and also very very difficult. and it is for that nobody does not want to reveal these important secrecy
    Attached Images Attached Images

are you going to post the schematic ? [ yes ] or [ no ]

sg2535 or tl494??

diysmps Member
    Hello,
    designing switching power supplies are a real job, no secrets, for which you must know well the topologies and have the know-how.
    TL494 and SG3525 are old school, now you must use modern circuits and resonant topologies for better efficiencies.
    Just a look at your attached thumbnails show that this design is not solid with a poor layout without respect of rules.
    And you will never have 1500VA with this circuit.
    You can have a good schematics, not like this with a 11W resistor , but if your layout is bad, all is over.... nothing will work properly.
    Regards.

diysmps Senior Member
    hi protech post photos of your working project

yes it work greatly . i use this smps for 3 years and no problems. 11w resistors is for soft start smps at max loading. iťs very sheap simple and work very well

i use ir2153 with buffers

Blog Entries
    Good job for you but without proof. Show us your work and loads. A lot of people claim a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Good job for you but without proof. Show us your work and loads. A lot of people claim a lot of things.
    That sounds normal
    www.diysmps.com & www.Micro-Audio.com

I see some less than ideal, even bad, choices in the design of the circuit itself and there is a complete and utter disregard for trace separation around the high voltage areas on the board. Toroidal transformers are a bad choice for off the line SMPSs due to the difficulty, sometimes impossibility, of being able to get adequate insulation between the high voltage primary and the secondary windings. I agree with the other members here; we need to see schematic, properly labeled PCB layout, and output voltage/current specs + load test before we just take your word for it.

Also, to come here and say, quote, "And all the diagram which one finds on the forum does not function even any more if they functions it is only for one short period." That just goes to show you didn't look through this forum very well. The members here are very knowledgeable and there are plenty of proven and reliable designs posted on this forum.

- Brad