Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Blog Entries
    Hi Badboy,

What are you actually using as a core is it a toroidial core or is it a normal EI or ETD transformer? What is the smps inteded for? Audio or something else? I am asking as if you are using a normal ETD or EI transformer then a copper sheet for the primary will suit you better for the primary.

Please specify and also tell me the size and core material.

Silvio
    Last edited by Silvio; 04-14-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Hi Badboy,

What are you actually using as a core is it a toroidial core or is it a normal EI or ETD transformer? What is the smps inteded for? Audio or something else? I am asking as if you are using a normal ETD or EI transformer then a copper sheet for the primary will suit you better for the primary.

Please specify and also tell me the size and core material.

Silvio
    The transformer is ETD49 or even needed ETD59 (Both available)
    I'm building this SMPS to drive my 500W sub amplifier in my car

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy_6120 View Post
    The transformer is ETD49 or even needed ETD59 (Both available)
    I'm building this SMPS to drive my 500W sub amplifier in my car
    I think that ETD49 is enough You can run your smps at 20khz with that and you do not have to use Litz wire.

The wire at this frequency can be 0.8-0.9mm. 500w at 150v =3.3 amps

input voltage calculated is 12.5 minimum nominal 13v and max of 14.5v

Current for single 0.8mm wire = 3amps at current density of 6amps per mm˛ so a single wire will be enough for secondary 500watts in audio is not continuous
    turns secondary for ETD 49 is 22+22 turns (You will need regulation of the output voltage)

peak secondary voltage will be around 90v You will need output inductor of around 80 to 100uH

primary turns for ETD49 at 20Khz is 3+3 turns (push pull topology)

You need 12 wires parallel 0.8mm OR copper sheet 0.2mm thick X 30mm wide ( you need 6mm˛) for current in primary

I hope this helps

Blog Entries
    @ Upik

Hello Upic, about the capacitors 2.5uf X 400v (C4 snd C5) well you can put 2 in number capacitors of 1uf in parallel on each side so that you have 2uf and 2uf. These are to divide the voltage of the main bulk capacitor (C2 and C3) (680uf X2 in parallel) which are across the 320v dc bus.

Pad 9 is there so if you put earth screen (faraday screen) between primary and secondary. You may not use it if you want

The peak voltage with the number of turns is around 95v with 12.5 turns on secondary. If you want 80v peak there is different number of turns
    SMPS is not regulated you can omit the output inductors L2 and L3.

New transformer turns for 80-0-80v peak is

Primary 18 turns so first half primary then two half secondaries then again half primary

Wire for primary and secondary enamel copper wire 0.5mm

Primary 2 bundles of 4wires each twisted together (total 8 wires )

start at pad 1 stop at 9 turns and put wire to side like in video then wind secondary and again 9 turns on top and stop at pad 2

Secondary 2 bundle of 4 wires each twisted (9 turns then center tap then start again from center tap and again another 9 turns)

(1st half secondary) Start at pad 7 wind 9 turns finish at pad 6 (2nd half secondary) start at pad 6 wind 9 turns and finish at pad 8

Other auxiliary windings can be put after you wind second half of primary (see video)

Link for video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3ixhcTYFg

Please note that this video is NOT for this smps and turns are different but you can take a good idea how to do it

Regards Silvio

diysmps Senior Member
    @mr.silvio
    What about the direction of rotation of the wire coil? It must be clockwise or may be for counterclockwise

For what is the function of vr 2 and vr 3 mr.silvio ??? i want secondary 45 0 45. How i set the current only at peak 12A, ??
    Last edited by Upik; 04-22-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Upik View Post
    @mr.silvio
    What about the direction of rotation of the wire coil? It must be clockwise or may be for counterclockwise

For what is the function of vr 2 and vr 3 mr.silvio ??? i want secondary 45 0 45. How i set the current only at peak 12A, ??
    Hi Upik

direction of rotation of windings are all the same direction if you follow my instructions given in the last post.

VR1 is for setting the frequency (60 to 65khz) VR2 sets the dead time (1uS) VR3 sets the over current protection

You must load the smps gradually and set VR3 when you have 12 amps current on secondary so that it will trip on OLP

Winding turns for 45-0-45 (input voltage is 230v)

Primary 20 turns secondary 6+6 turns

WIRE FOR PRIMARY 2 BUNDLE 4 WIRES EACH TWISTED 0.5mm (8 wires total)

WIRE FOR SECONDARY 3 BUNDLES OF 3 WIRES TWISTED 0.5mm (9 wires total)

You will need an oscilloscope to see what is happening and set dead time and measure frequency.
    If it is your first smps you better try something smaller first.

WARNING SMPS is dangerous and have high voltages. These voltages could kill you so please be careful.

Please read smps warning first before you attempt to build an SMPS

Read also blog posts 1) making litz wire at home 2) transformer winding practices for smps

Download the PDF files attached to these blog posts and read them first.

Regards Silvio
    Last edited by Silvio; 04-22-2018 at 08:31 AM.

diysmps Senior Member
    I do not have an ociloscope, how can i determine dead time. I will make smps, same persisis with which you post. At what time direction vr2 is right. ?? if it is the same as the one you made? because all the resistor component values ​​and the vr value equal to yours. how many rounds for the current transformer ?? i use green cores.
    Last edited by Upik; 04-22-2018 at 12:51 PM.

diysmps Senior Member
    So for pad 9. is the middle between two primary windings, true or not mr.silvio

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Upik View Post
    I do not have an ociloscope, how can i determine dead time. I will make smps, same persisis with which you post. At what time direction vr2 is right. ?? if it is the same as the one you made? because all the resistor component values ​​and the vr value equal to yours. how many rounds for the current transformer ?? i use green cores.
    Dead time can be set with fixed resistor 33 ohms You can measure vr2 with ohm meter and set value

Current transformer is 22 turns R10 and R11 are 22R 0,5watts (detail can be found on schematic)

When you finish building the pwm section test it alone with separate power supply and see that it is working before connecting fets and transformer

For center of primary winding I did not cut the wire but put it aside and continue winding with secondary then I wind the second half of the primary with the remaining wire.

You can use the pin on pad 9 and one beside it for center of primary winding but do not fix them on pcb cut them short ( take a look at the pcb layout)
    Last edited by Silvio; 04-22-2018 at 10:50 PM.

diysmps Senior Member
    Yes for my 2nd half primary roll is the same as you do, but because I think pad 9 is the center of both primary windings. So I connect the primary center to pad9. So the rest of the first primer before winding, I leave 100mm. If pad9 is not the center primary, I can fix the transformer, because the primary center1 and 2 blm I broke up..just I fold.

So how do i test pwm running or not. Before i connect to fet. Sorry i really do not get it, tp please help me. I hope to finish smps from you. And i will be very proud. My smps before only use pwm ir2153 without protection, and also with uc3543 with FBT topology, I am really a beginner. i hope you can be kind enough to teach me.
    Last edited by Upik; 04-23-2018 at 02:31 AM.