Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Ok, thanks silvio and for the auxalary winding ineed arround 1.5 turns?

Blog Entries
    Well I don't think you will be able to put 1.5 turns as you will have winding ends on different sides of the trafo. Well 1.5 turns will be in the region of 12v or so. What I did in mine I wound 3 turns and fitted a 15v regulator. You can opt for 2 turns thus having around 16 to 18v and fit a 12v regulator instead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eusebio View Post
    That sound really powerful good job Eusebio

@Silvio

Is it possible to build a DC to DC converter (12V to +-70V @ 500W) from this schematic to drive an Amplifier?(Car)
    I built this SMPS before and now I want one for my Car amplifier
    I'll appreciate any help

Blog Entries
    @ Badboy

If you are referring to the schematic of this smps well I tell you its not good because the topology has to be push pull.

Some considerations:-

500 watts at 12v is 42amps in the switching transistors or mosfets or IGBTs
    The winding in the trafo has to be thick enough to carry the current. It can be multiple wires in parallel or copper foil
    The mosfets have to be with low RDS on otherwise they get very hot, You have to use them in parallel.

Here is a website where you can take some ideas for a car power supply. You can use google translate to read in your language.

http://www.bcae1.com/switchingpowers...upplytut01.htm

Regards Silvio

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    @ Badboy

If you are referring to the schematic of this smps well I tell you its not good because the topology has to be push pull.

Some considerations:-

500 watts at 12v is 42amps in the switching transistors or mosfets or IGBTs
    The winding in the trafo has to be thick enough to carry the current. It can be multiple wires in parallel or copper foil
    The mosfets have to be with low RDS on otherwise they get very hot, You have to use them in parallel.

Here is a website where you can take some ideas for a car power supply. You can use google translate to read in your language.

http://www.bcae1.com/switchingpowers...upplytut01.htm

Regards Silvio
    Thanks alot man
    I will check that out

Hi there

Anybody can help me with transformer winding?

I'm going to build a 12Vs to +-75 Volts DC to DC converter and I don't know how to wind the primary winding
    Should I wind a turn of primary and then the whole secondaries and then another turn of primary???or something else???(since the primary has only 2 turns with center point)
    Since I'm using 32 AWG wire for my winging (~0.2mm diameter), should I twist the primary parallel wires together and wind it at the lower or upper parts of bobbins or should I spread the parallel wires (~300 to 500 parallel wires) across the bobbins???
    I'll appreciate any help

Blog Entries
    I think 200 to 500 strands well quite an amount I guess you should make 2 or 3 bundles of say 100 each twisted and wind them in bifilar method.
    I think its best to wind the secondary winding first and put a layer of tape on it. Wind primary afterwards.

If you lay your bundles of the primary a little flat thus the bundle will have a rectangular shape when laid on the toroid it will cover more area on the core and have better coupling to the secondary. Try to cover the whole ring with your winding

Silvio

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    I think 200 to 500 strands well quite an amount I guess you should make 2 or 3 bundles of say 100 each twisted and wind them in bifilar method.
    I think its best to wind the secondary winding first and put a layer of tape on it. Wind primary afterwards.

If you lay your bundles of the primary a little flat thus the bundle will have a rectangular shape when laid on the toroid it will cover more area on the core and have better coupling to the secondary. Try to cover the whole ring with your winding

Silvio
    Thanks for reply

Do you mean :
    1- half of secondary
    2- half of primary
    3- other half of secondary
    4- other half of primary

Or you mean I should wind all the secondary winding and then the primaries????