Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 353

Thread: 1000w smps based on LUDO3232

  1. #321
    diysmps Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    118
    does this scheme work, ??
    FB_IMG_1532839375244.jpg

  2. #322
    .... Silvio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    574
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Upik View Post
    does this scheme work, ??
    FB_IMG_1532839375244.jpg
    I cannot say I never tried it.

  3. #323
    That is not a PFC stage. That is just a high voltage boost converter with voltage regulation and no current limit protection. That circuit has 940uF of bulk capacitance after the rectifier, where as a PFC converter usually uses somewhere around 1uF or less, so that the input voltage to the boost inductor is able to track the sine wave of the mains voltage. The TL494 PWM chip cannot be used as a PFC controller because it does not have the ability to track the mains voltage and cannot do current-mode control. There is a very wide selection of controllers that can be used to drive a PFC. They range from relatively simple to very complex designs and they vary widely in price also. The UCC28019 and the NCP1654 controllers are both 8-pin devices that are quite simple to design a PFC around.

    The UCC28019 operates at 65KHz and the datasheet provides all of the calculations so that you can design to whatever power level you need and there is also an example design to explain how to use the calculations.
    The NCP1654 is available in 65KHz, 133KHz, and 200KHz versions. The datasheet for this chip also provides all of the information you need to do the calculations and it also shows an example design and example calculations.

    I've personally used the NCP1654 in a PFC stage and the calculations that they provide work great and it is fairly easy to get it working as long as you follow the design procedures outlined in the datasheet. Both of these chips are very, very similar though, and I imagine the UCC28019 is equally easy to use.

    - Brad

  4. #324
    diysmps Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by blasphemy000 View Post
    That is not a PFC stage. That is just a high voltage boost converter with voltage regulation and no current limit protection. That circuit has 940uF of bulk capacitance after the rectifier, where as a PFC converter usually uses somewhere around 1uF or less, so that the input voltage to the boost inductor is able to track the sine wave of the mains voltage. The TL494 PWM chip cannot be used as a PFC controller because it does not have the ability to track the mains voltage and cannot do current-mode control. There is a very wide selection of controllers that can be used to drive a PFC. They range from relatively simple to very complex designs and they vary widely in price also. The UCC28019 and the NCP1654 controllers are both 8-pin devices that are quite simple to design a PFC around.

    The UCC28019 operates at 65KHz and the datasheet provides all of the calculations so that you can design to whatever power level you need and there is also an example design to explain how to use the calculations.
    The NCP1654 is available in 65KHz, 133KHz, and 200KHz versions. The datasheet for this chip also provides all of the information you need to do the calculations and it also shows an example design and example calculations.

    I've personally used the NCP1654 in a PFC stage and the calculations that they provide work great and it is fairly easy to get it working as long as you follow the design procedures outlined in the datasheet. Both of these chips are very, very similar though, and I imagine the UCC28019 is equally easy to use.

    - Brad
    it seems like very good information, can you just give a picture with v out 320vdc

  5. #325
    Not at this time, no. The datasheet provides all of the math required to design a PFC stage. My PFC stage is part of a much larger project that I don't want to release until the rest of the project is done. My output voltage is 390V and it's rated for 10 to 12KW. My topology isn't really going to be useful for the kind of supply in this thread.

    - Brad

  6. #326
    diysmps Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    118
    hi, Mr. Silvio ... how to make the isolation of the probe on an oscilloscope, ??

  7. #327
    .... Silvio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    574
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Upik View Post
    hi, Mr. Silvio ... how to make the isolation of the probe on an oscilloscope, ??
    Hello Upik, To make isolation of the oscilloscope you need a differential probe. This tend to be very costly. There is another way to do this is to use an isolation transformer for the SMPS on test and if you want you can also use isolation transformer for the scope.
    ( I use both at the same time)
    You can look up the internet and see what a differential probe is.

    You can read SMPS warnings on top of this page and download the pdf file to see what Microsim has to say about it. Please also read the tread and see what people said about this subject so that you will learn.

    Regards Silvio

  8. #328
    diysmps Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Hello Upik, To make isolation of the oscilloscope you need a differential probe. This tend to be very costly. There is another way to do this is to use an isolation transformer for the SMPS on test and if you want you can also use isolation transformer for the scope.
    ( I use both at the same time)
    You can look up the internet and see what a differential probe is.

    You can read SMPS warnings on top of this page and download the pdf file to see what Microsim has to say about it. Please also read the tread and see what people said about this subject so that you will learn.

    Regards Silvio
    what about this oscilloscope, how to isolate itShopee_5d80c4ae6b58f97d754a60b111c3949f.jpg

  9. #329
    .... Silvio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    574
    Blog Entries
    9
    @ UPIK

    The scope looks good to me but you need to give me model number so that I can see what it can handle. You need to use this with the laptop.

    If you are using This kind of scope you will not need an isolation transformer as the power supply for the laptop is already isolated.

    IMPORTANT NOTE Make sure that the laptop ground (usb case) and mains earth are not connected together
    Please verify and check with multi meter.

    If you have a normal PC with tower etc then you will have the mains earth and usb ground connected together. In this case you must use an isolation transformer

    Isolation transformer is a transformer that has input 220v and secondary winding is also 220v. This will isolate scope from ground

    Regards Silvio

  10. #330
    diysmps Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    @ UPIK

    The scope looks good to me but you need to give me model number so that I can see what it can handle. You need to use this with the laptop.

    If you are using This kind of scope you will not need an isolation transformer as the power supply for the laptop is already isolated.

    IMPORTANT NOTE Make sure that the laptop ground (usb case) and mains earth are not connected together
    Please verify and check with multi meter.

    If you have a normal PC with tower etc then you will have the mains earth and usb ground connected together. In this case you must use an isolation transformer

    Isolation transformer is a transformer that has input 220v and secondary winding is also 220v. This will isolate scope from ground

    Regards Silvio
    model 6022BE ... how to test the large voltage Mr.Silvio, because I don't really understand how it works

Similar Threads

  1. 1000W mosfet amplifers
    By MicrosiM in forum Mosfets
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 11:22 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 01:53 PM
  3. IRS2092 2x500W/1000W BTL
    By b_force in forum Class D
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 04:54 AM
  4. PiC based flyback SMPS
    By nigelwright in forum diysmps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 02:03 PM
  5. Quasar 1000w smps
    By tvicol in forum diysmps
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •