Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4243233343536 LastLast

Thread: 1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Blog Entries
    @ Upik

This kind of oscilloscope works in conjunction with the laptop. It uses the screen of the laptop for display.
    It also uses the power from the USB port to power the oscilloscope. (You will not need to isolate it when using laptop on battery)
    I tried to see the maximum voltage it can handle but could not find it. (mine for example can take a maximum of 300v when using 10X probe.)
    At the primary of a half bridge transformer there is more or less around 160v so with a 10X probe it can take it very easy because limit is 300v.

For voltages exceeding 300v you must use a 100X probe instead. You can buy 100X probe separately.

You can also use a resistive divider across the transformer primary so that the scope will not see the full voltage when taking measurements with 10X probe.

Example 90k resistor in series with 10K resistor and probe and ground clip is attached across 10k resistor. This will divide voltage by 10.

The Hantek model 6022BE only has DC coupling and no AC coupling. AC coupling is not used much but you will need it to measure the noise level on the output of the smps. You can go for Model 6052BE instead. Maybe it cost a little more but it is more suitable.

You should see some videos on youtube how to use oscilloscope and learn a little bit about the subject.

Regards Silvio

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    @ Upik

This kind of oscilloscope works in conjunction with the laptop. It uses the screen of the laptop for display.
    It also uses the power from the USB port to power the oscilloscope. (You will not need to isolate it when using laptop on battery)
    I tried to see the maximum voltage it can handle but could not find it. (mine for example can take a maximum of 300v when using 10X probe.)
    At the primary of a half bridge transformer there is more or less around 160v so with a 10X probe it can take it very easy because limit is 300v.

For voltages exceeding 300v you must use a 100X probe instead. You can buy 100X probe separately.

You can also use a resistive divider across the transformer primary so that the scope will not see the full voltage when taking measurements with 10X probe.

Example 90k resistor in series with 10K resistor and probe and ground clip is attached across 10k resistor. This will divide voltage by 10.

The Hantek model 6022BE only has DC coupling and no AC coupling. AC coupling is not used much but you will need it to measure the noise level on the output of the smps. You can go for Model 6052BE instead. Maybe it cost a little more but it is more suitable.

You should see some videos on youtube how to use oscilloscope and learn a little bit about the subject.

Regards Silvio

hi Mr.Silvio ,,,, for the model you say, I have a hard time getting it, maybe I found it with a different brand. For quality I don't really understand.

sketch-1536033470157.jpg

Blog Entries
    I do not like the one you chosen here is a link for you to see.

I think this is far better

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OWON...3ff0sRROst&s=p

diysmps Senior Member
    hi mr. silvio ,, i have ee55, with a frequency of 70-80 khz ,, what is the power that is released, with a full bridge topology

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Upik View Post
    hi mr. silvio ,, i have ee55, with a frequency of 70-80 khz ,, what is the power that is released, with a full bridge topology
    Hi Upik the maximum power for an EE55 core and material PC40 you can get around 2500 to 2800 watts in full bridge topology.

Do not forget what I told you about the input capacitance now you will need around 3000uF at 400v in the input. You will also need a good soft start in the input and also while charging the secondary capacitors. In the output you will need 5000 to 6000uf for audio. A 6uH inductor will help out limiting some current during the secondary capacitor charge up. If you use inductor for output then you have to put snubbers across the diodes in the output as this will reflect spikes in the input winding.

The current at 160v is around 20A for this power. wire diameter is just below 0.5mm (0.48mm) at 75Khz.

Good luck Silvio

diysmps Senior Member
    thanks mr. silvio, i want to make with pfc, use GDT to drive mosfet. and use flyback transformer to supply pwm. it seems i have to use etd59 to get more power.

FB_IMG_1534130971860.jpg

Blog Entries
    Hi upik May I ask you where are you going to use this amplifier? Keep a few things in mind that say a proper 3K smps can power a 5K amplifier.

The pcb shown cannot deliver more than 2.5k peak with an ETD49 or EE55. With the poor grid voltage at home it would be impossible to try this out properly. The PFC will help a bit but it does not do miracles when the input voltage drops drastically. You did not show the schematic maybe I can figure out better the setup.

If you are looking for a 3K smps then an ETD59 is more suited, another option is the make 2 smps with an ETD49 or EE55
    One smps for positive and another smps for negative rails.

You can feed them from one large input capacitor bank You will still use half bridge and you still get your 3k or more. They can be on the same pcb if you want. I sent you some pics last time for a 3K smps. It is half bridge and use only ETD59 with 4 IGBTs rated at 30 amps each.

I would suggest that if you are going to build this smps it would be better to open another tread.

Good luck

Silvio

diysmps Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Hi upik May I ask you where are you going to use this amplifier? Keep a few things in mind that say a proper 3K smps can power a 5K amplifier.

The pcb shown cannot deliver more than 2.5k peak with an ETD49 or EE55. With the poor grid voltage at home it would be impossible to try this out properly. The PFC will help a bit but it does not do miracles when the input voltage drops drastically. You did not show the schematic maybe I can figure out better the setup.

If you are looking for a 3K smps then an ETD59 is more suited, another option is the make 2 smps with an ETD49 or EE55
    One smps for positive and another smps for negative rails.

You can feed them from one large input capacitor bank You will still use half bridge and you still get your 3k or more. They can be on the same pcb if you want. I sent you some pics last time for a 3K smps. It is half bridge and use only ETD59 with 4 IGBTs rated at 30 amps each.

I would suggest that if you are going to build this smps it would be better to open another tread.

Good luck

Silvio
    I would also add...if using two power supplies for + and - ...... try to use dual tracking feedback to keep the separate rails locked together...

diysmps Senior Member
    hi mr. silvio ,, i want to ask for your help, can you tell us how many turns on the primary ee55 and ee65 at 72khz. for the full bridge topology ... thank you very much in advance

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Upik View Post
    hi mr. silvio ,, i want to ask for your help, can you tell us how many turns on the primary ee55 and ee65 at 72khz. for the full bridge topology ... thank you very much in advance
    Turns for EE55 full bridge 230v = 19 turns (72Khz) B max at 245v 1450 guass

Turns for EE65 full bridge 230v = 15 turns (72Khz) B max at 245 v 1450 guass

Silvio
    Last edited by Silvio; 10-05-2018 at 07:09 AM.