Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

hi silvio, thank u for ur reply,
    i modified little like a pro board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hi Nazirdigi, good arrangement. Use current limit board because the other ones are not tested. Make sure that the gate diodes are pointing to the IR2153. I have a mistake in one of the component layout diagrams.

Do not forget to post some pictures of your project.

@Silvio: Hey, just noticed something odd while looking at your circuit board layout. Your 3 dual rectifier diodes are setup kind of strangely. You have 4 diodes(2 packages) rectifying the negative output rail, while you only have 2 diodes(1 package) rectifying the positive output rail. Was this intentional or was this an oversight while designing the layout of the board? With the type of diodes used there isn't a way to evenly split them using only 3 packages, so I'm just curious as to why it was designed this way. Nice project though, very effective.

-Brad

Blog Entries
    @ Blasphemy000
    The only reason I have 50 of these diodes that I bought in an auction on E-bay and configured a full bridge with them. They are genuine and good diodes. I even used them on the 1000watt smps that I published here but used 4 of them so the bridge will be more balanced and have a full capacity of 16A at 200v.

Regards Silvio
    Last edited by Silvio; 10-11-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries

audio smps 700 watts

https://imgur.com/a/r32w6

New mod to Audio smps 700w with 2 output diodes instead of 3 and added output capacitance and filtering. It can also fit 14 and 16 pin bobbin for ETD 39
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Silvio; 10-12-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Ah, I gotcha. I was just curious as to the reason behind it. I've built things where using what I already had led to an interesting design. As long as the functionality is there, that is all that matters. Thank you for the explanation.

-Brad

Hello Silvio , Iam Interested to build this SMPS.sir please send me the file to my email.. is bijujandp@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Choice of oscillators and protection

The PCB can be adopted to work with a different oscillator as mentioned before due to the oscillator board and protection circuit is mounted on a separate pin header. This is plugged in the socket provided on the pcb. I also made plans to use different protection circuitry using either a Schmitt trigger or driving an SCR gate with both options pulling down pin 3 of the IR2153 to ground. However these type of protection brings out the need to reset by switching off the supply and waiting for the bulk cap to discharge until it can be switched on again. I prepared the prototype pcbs for these but have not been tried yet

Heat sink and cooling

A good heat sink is needed for the fets and output diodes as these are driven quite hard during the peak output. With the heat sink used the smps can handle the power easily if a small fan is included. I made a fan socket available for this reason. In my setup peak power could be held for quite a long time without things getting hot with the fan on. This was placed at the side to cool also the transformer

Auxiliary output.

An auxiliary output of 12v-0-12v is provided capable of around 800mA. This is intended to drive a preamp stage or some protection circuit on an amplifier. I often see the need of a separate output for this reason.

The design voltage of the smps is 46-0-46 peak at 230 volts input. During my tests the output voltage went down to 78volts at 9.4 amps. The input voltage was 227vac with a power output of 730watts. The efficiency of the smps reached 90%.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN BUILDING THIS SMPS I WILL SEND THE PDF FILE PRIVATELY

Attachment 6150

Good Morning. Can you send me the power scheme of this source?
    Thank you.
    luizcpimenta@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    The file is already shared and it can be found on page 2 post #13

Thanks a lot for share this project. Gracias.