Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Hi Silvio, could you pl post the pdf of this version of the PCB shown in post #45?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/r32w6

New mod to Audio smps 700w with 2 output diodes instead of 3 and added output capacitance and filtering. It can also fit 14 and 16 pin bobbin for ETD 39

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtech View Post
    Hi Silvio, could you pl post the pdf of this version of the PCB shown in post #45?
    Here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you, Silvio!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtech View Post
    Thank you, Silvio!

There is small correction to be made where you have the orange arrow. This should have been a 4.7k resistor instead of the diode. Take a look at

the attached image

smps correction.JPG

There is small correction to be made where you have the orange arrow. This should have been a 4.7k resistor instead of the diode. Take a look at

the attached image
    Ok, noted. I will start collecting the parts - this is my first smps, though I did a lot of audio diy before.

hi sir silvio as i look for the IR2153 circuits i had found your project and i am very much interested since i had most of the components you used the only thing i wanna clarify was the CORE to be used i had GBU606, 560u400x2, 2sk2654 x2, IR2153, etc... now the cores that i have taken from junk was labeled 42x15 (1 with gap, 1 with no gap) there were also ee35 i think but i do not know the material type,,, can you suggest and guide me i am just a hobbyist but i mad several high power amps before though, just new to ClassD and SMPS, thanks20190415_201936.jpg20190415_201747.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rinchz View Post
    hi sir silvio as i look for the IR2153 circuits i had found your project and i am very much interested since i had most of the components you used the only thing i wanna clarify was the CORE to be used i had GBU606, 560u400x2, 2sk2654 x2, IR2153, etc... now the cores that i have taken from junk was labeled 42x15 (1 with gap, 1 with no gap) there were also ee35 i think but i do not know the material type,,, can you suggest and guide me i am just a hobbyist but i mad several high power amps before though, just new to ClassD and SMPS, thanks20190415_201936.jpg20190415_201747.jpg
    Hi I just wanted to tell you that switching power supplies are not simple as they seem and some care must be taken before attempting to build one. I suggest you read the SMPS warnings on the top of the page first.

You will surely need an oscilloscope and an Isolating transformer.

Regarding your ferrite core transformers we will see together what are they really are. You can search the internet regarding dismantling these cores. You can also find information and data books about ferrites and accessories to help you understand what type of cores you have.

Regards Silvio

Hi I just wanted to tell you that switching power supplies are not simple as they seem and some care must be taken before attempting to build one. I suggest you read the SMPS warnings on the top of the page first.

You will surely need an oscilloscope and an Isolating transformer.

Regarding your ferrite core transformers we will see together what are they really are. You can search the internet regarding dismantling these cores. You can also find information and data books about ferrites and accessories to help you understand what type of cores you have.

Regards Silvio
    hi sir i want to thank you for quick reply,
    i am aware with the so called warnings sir i have learned safety as utmost importance, i just become interested in this SMPS thing since i it has a lot of advantages than the conventional way, i already had made some from 320volt.com with the use of atx psu's that i had been using for small audio amps,.. but these circuits are not complete...i mean no current limiter, etc... but yours are seemed to be safer my only problem was identifying the cores i had on hand but my next option was to buy ETD cores online, because my next experiments will be ludo's design.

regards
    sam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rinchz View Post
    hi sir i want to thank you for quick reply,
    i am aware with the so called warnings sir i have learned safety as utmost importance, i just become interested in this SMPS thing since i it has a lot of advantages than the conventional way, i already had made some from 320volt.com with the use of atx psu's that i had been using for small audio amps,.. but these circuits are not complete...i mean no current limiter, etc... but yours are seemed to be safer my only problem was identifying the cores i had on hand but my next option was to buy ETD cores online, because my next experiments will be ludo's design.

regards
    sam
    Very well Sam if you have already a bit of experience then this will help you a lot. Ludo's design is more strait forward and please look for the latest version on his tread. That power supply has been built by many diyers and it proved it works.

Regarding the core it is best to choose one with a known material as the number of turns will vary according to the material of the core used. With this you can take the best efficiency out of your smps.

Be careful on what types of chips and mosfets you buy especially from China as some of them will be fakes. A lesson I have learned myself. For example buying an sg3525 that works well with 12v supply but as the voltage goes beyond the output waveform starts to skew and deform. Other mishaps are mosfets cannot withstand the rated load and blow off at half the specified current. Take care and buy genuine parts from a known manufacturer.

I suggest that you take a while and read the blog posts of transformer winding practices for smps and making litz wire at home. There are other blogs that you can learn from and find them useful.

I will help you along with any difficulties you may come by, till then

Good luck

Regards Silvio
    Last edited by Silvio; 05-09-2019 at 09:42 AM.

How to set the power limit to work correctly. For example I want to limit it to 1000W, what must I change on the circuit? Thanks a lot.