Thread: class h 3 tier 2ohms stable

diysmps Senior Member

class h 3 tier 2ohms stable

hi all i am starting this thread because i want a simple powerfull,stable,silent, effecient i.e low heat amp like td class amplifier.
    apex class h has been a real inspiration .

The reason i chose 3 tier .is because of the output capabilities , also i make my own smps power supplies . so three power stages power supply is not an issue . i wanted to use +/-45,90,135vlts also 4 pairs of c3856 and a1492

i am open to use transistor version step , but i do not have the schematics . the ones i have are using lm 311 or tl084

any contribution is highly welcomed. let us build this monster

gtG apex h 900 smd 3steps schematics.jpgforum.vegalab.ru V.2013 storey PRO-amplifier in the class H pg 11 3 ?????.GIF

diysmps Senior Member
    transistor version of step fully discreet . but it is 2step and not three step i havent found the 3step transistor schematic.

http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?

64-M900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter - Page 130 - diyAudio blazerschem2.jpg900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter - Page 135 - diyAudio correct APEX H900.jpgaxter-3600&p=1890&viewfull=1#post1890

Why not use 311 or 2117 stepper driver, these are reliable Step driver for class h,these are also available in 3tier

diysmps Senior Member
    thanks ravpeet for reply. i would like to use ir2117 because it is the best in h switching but its price and availability is the issue .

please post lm311 three steps scheme and not llike qsc where collectors are linked to ground.

Blog Entries
    Hi Stewin did you try to look at Aliexpress for the availability of the IR2117. They are selling at $1.5 for 5 pieces and free shipping.

diysmps Senior Member
    thanks silivio ,have you ever ordered anything from ali ?

Blog Entries
    Yes quite a lot of times. Be a bit careful but don't go for the cheapest as at times they tend to be fakes.
    Items that are mentioned good quality or genuine etc. Go for these items. They have a way as the seller only get paid by Aliexpress when you receive the items and you confirm that you received them. You also have to rate the product and say if it was good value for money or not etc giving them stars. If you are not satisfied with the product you can open a dispute and get your money back. They are very careful that the customer is satisfied and they try hard to get 5 stars. If they are careless they will be kicked out of Aliexpress. There is a lot of electronic items you can buy with a very good price. It is worth a try.
    I got mosfets, chips , ferrite cores, capacitors and all sorts of things. I use my Visa card to pay with.
    You can try to purchase something which does not cost much for a first try and see how it goes. Usually you have to wait around 3 or 4 weeks for the items to arrive.

Go on Aliexpress and see for yourself

Regards Silvio
    Last edited by Silvio; 07-05-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stewin View Post
    hi all i am starting this thread because i want a simple powerfull,stable,silent, effecient i.e low heat amp like td class amplifier.
    apex class h has been a real inspiration .

The reason i chose 3 tier .is because of the output capabilities , also i make my own smps power supplies . so three power stages power supply is not an issue . i wanted to use +/-45,90,135vlts also 4 pairs of c3856 and a1492

i am open to use transistor version step , but i do not have the schematics . the ones i have are using lm 311 or tl084

any contribution is highly welcomed. let us build this monster

gtG apex h 900 smd 3steps schematics.jpgforum.vegalab.ru V.2013 storey PRO-amplifier in the class H pg 11 3 ?????.GIF

hi stewin,

hope this helps only difference is collector used as ouput.

best regards

ravs........
    Attached Files Attached Files

diysmps Senior Member
    thanks ravs . have you build a 3tier class h succesfully??