PDA

View Full Version : PIC16F628A Dev board

zeus_threat
03-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Am evaluating and preparing schematic for a pic16F628A dev board. I will post schematic soon. Why not buy one on ebay? Below $100 its just a board with connectors and nothing on. It also takes time to build the circuit on breadbaord, then program and debug until conclusive. Anyone built any dev board before??

zeus_threat
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi here is the dev board. the ic looks small but the pins are numbered according to the DIL layout2267. I just need to add the lcd and 5V regulated psu to the schematic

If there is a need for serial interfacing with a pc a TTL to RS232 converter has to be implemented. Am wating for mine to arrive. There are two ways use a MAx23X ic then a usb to serial adapter
or there are ic's based on CP102 and the like of ic's which can convert from USB to TTl and have drivers to emulate a virtual COM port on a pc.

Am not sure i will build this board but it was just to give it a try but am eager to build a 16F877A dev board with everything above plus micro sd on the SPI lines as well as a VS1053B (beware TQFP48!) and a serial interface.

zeus_threat
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
I made a new version of the board and am building on project board. Note the level shifter for i took it from another site i have to test to check it works otherwise everything is my design. there will be dil headers on all the ic pins to allow wire connection to external circuit. I will also add 8 leds with their current limiting resistor and maybe a series pass 3.3V regulator and also an ICSP header connector. I will post pictures as it gets completed

reino11
05-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Hello! I made my PIC dev boards using Nigel's PIC Tutorial Page (http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm). I have build most of the boards and used a lot of info from that site but have not made through all the tutorials. Most projects what I have done are based on 12f629 enyway. Enjoy

zeus_threat
05-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi thanks for the info i have completed my board a long time and did not have time to post anything here. My 16F877A is nearly ready for pcb build before i build a dspic board

zeus_threat
07-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Attached are picture of the current unit i've added a rotary encoder and a discrete TTL to USART converter which i am not using for the time being since i have a CP102 based TTL to USB USART converter board.

zeus_threat
01-05-2013, 07:20 AM
After playing around with the board and running some projects with it i finally made a pcb for it. All info are attached. I have removed the rotary encoder off the board as well as an Ir receiver which i had placed. Given the number of microcontrollers i have i find it easier to build a seperate board with these components and re-use them with any microcontroller project333233333334.
The board was built with UV exposure and transparency slide