All Blog Entries

1. Explanation some technical terms for magnetic component(14)

Axial Inductor
    An inductor constructed on a core with concentric leads on opposite end of the core, Axial inductors are available for both power applications and RF applications, and are available in many core materials including the basic phenolic, ferrite and powdered iron types, both rod and bobbin shapes are utilized, axial inductors are very suitable for tape and reel packaging for auto placement.

Radial Inductor
    An inductor constructed an a core with leads exiting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. XR2206 Frequency Generator controlled by current sink circuit

Hi Folks,
    I've developed a Signal Generator / Frequency Counter that I think is more linear than most and works quite well. It includes a microcontroller driven LCD for frequency display. If interested, please visit my website at obriens.x10.mx/index.html

Don't let the website name fool you. It's a free website and they often have strange names.

Bob O
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Topology for 2 - 3kW SMPS

Hello people. I need some advices. What topology do you recommend me for that power? I'd like a conventional full bridge with IRFP460s PWM because I made some designs and I tested with some power (with high power I had troubles).
    Is it posible a Full Bridge PWM conventional converter for that power?
    What about the driver? Transformer or IC? I tested both and transformer is more robust. I burnt everything with a couple of IR2110
    Thanks guys!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. High current at turn-on primary side full bridge 2kw

Hello people. I designed and built a 2kw full bridge SMPS. I use four IRFP460. Power supply works great, I almost don't have voltage spikes on mosfets. When I try to bring it to full load, I burned several mosfets. Temperature was moderate (40C). But when watching next time the primary side current of the transformer, I see high current spikes of high frequency at the turn-on. I guess, transistors burn by second breakdown (not to much voltage but high current). Primary voltage is very good. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Class-d

Do you explain about cores for class-d amplifiers?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast