Calculation programs for transformers and inductors

kees54

kees57
I do not have the English version of a forward SMPS. only Russian.

I have find some russian and also tsjechian and even polish designs, schematics is not a problem, I am simulate this
moment in ltspice a fase shift version inverter and others for learn first all the aspects of these potential dangereus
electronics.

The program excellentit has no forward setting for calculate trafo, I did presume the halfbridge will do fine as replace
ment because the induction do seem the same as when calc half bridge.

thanks

kees

kees54, you write with a lot of errors. translator can not translate a lot of words. therefore it is impossible to understand you.
from what country are you? if you can communicate in Russian, you will find the address in the Menu "About".

kees54

kees57
I am from Holland, and I do not use a translator, for me I understand fine, I now english is not very good because I do write
only and not speak daily.

I did try to say that the transformer software has no settings for a forward type smsps transformer, and so I did try to ask
how I can overcome this, for example a push pull calculation who is close to that forward type transformer.

This kinds of smps is also very interesting, see files/foto.

ScreenHunter_274 Oct. 03 17.23.jpg

ScreenHunter_272 Oct. 03 16.11.jpg

ScreenHunter_273 Oct. 03 16.11.jpg

ScreenHunter_271 Oct. 03 15.55.jpg

You can find this pdf,s on internet, google for fase shift zero switching power inverters.

regards

kees

Last edited:

dimasroma

Hi Starichok51,
I have question for you.
How to calculate series capacitor (Cs) with primary inductance (Lp) in half bridge?
if Lp=700uH and frequency switching (f)=100KHz, Cs=...?
Below detail schematic of half bridge.
Cs  calculate.jpg

capacity depends on the frequency and output power. in your case you need to take a 1 uF / 300 W.
This question does not apply to my program and is offtopic.

dimasroma

Hi Starichok51,
Thanks for reply. I am sorry if my question out of topic.
I use your program "ExcellentIT(7300)" to find Lp value but I have confuse to calculate series capacitor.

kees54

kees57
Are there also calculators for serie resonant smps tranformers? I need that for welder.

I thought I have see exellentIT somewhere who can do this, a special version of it.

thanks

kees

kees54

kees57
I have a program for resonant SMPS transformers, but it is only in Russian.

Maybe it can be translated? I have one who do not work, serie resonant is a promissing new technology, zero switching
smps is nice for high frequenty converters and is used extensily in high power applications like telecom.

No transfer of their programs, I will not do more.

I came to this forum to earn some money. But no one listed on purses single cent.

kees54

kees57
I did calculate them myself, it is not that hard with all the pdf,s on internet, but I think I do not need
that big stuff, a simpel forward converter will do for car welding or simple household stuff with fase
shift controller for easy regulation..

But it is very nice stuff, here is maybe mony to earn when yiu get the hang of it, but earn mony with
a country like China who do things very cheap is very hard, I do high end hybrid amps therefore I do
investing in smps for it and so try to start with the biggest one a weld inverter.

http://www.microsemi.com/document-p...itions-in-welding-br-and-similar-applications

regards

kees54

kees57
Did you make the software? because put it on diyaudio.com can work to make some mony, also
making program also for zvps smps and fase shifting and more can make some mony, search google for
fase shifted zero switching technology who is the new direction for high current smps, special because
of electric cars and such will be future, I think that the economics a la 2007 never returns, we have to go
durable.

Read just on the news that so much electronics get throw away 42.000.000 tons from what just 2.1 procent
is recycled properly, you did see the news about africa, terrible dangereus when not recycled properly, so
we need durability.

regards

Last edited:
for resonant converters exist Application Note AN-1160 from irf.com.
I did the program on this Application Note.
please do all the calculations in this Application Note.

kees54

kees57
Thanks

I will go look at it, I have download a lot of this kind of stuff already, zero switching is very nice.

PS there is a source editor around who can easely translate russian in english or more.

regards

kees

Abet

I came to this forum to earn some money. But no one listed on purses single cent.

Hi Starichok,

I have downloaded your calculation program just now, I wanted to use your program to calculate output inductor for use with Class D amplifiers.
I was so happy to see that it supports ETD,EE, EI ferrite types. I'm new to this topology of PWM and the amplifier I am working with is delta-sigma modulation. However, I didn't realize that you are offering the program for a profit. I feel sad that no one up to this date made a single donation/payment for the program. Perhaps you need to change your approach, like make a new revision but don't share/publish them rather offer them on purchase. In reality the only thing that gets huge profit in e-world are the service providers.

As this is a hobby of my own interest, all I can give you is a BIG Thank You for the program. You've help a lot. Kindness has its own rewards.

All the Best!

kees54

kees57
Hi There

Can someone explane me how to use the outcome of this program into LTspice IV? I am just a very bad calculator guy.

I read something about square root of turns ratio.

I did see in a example 900 mH !! but when use 900 uH is closer to reality 900 mH is a very big inductor who is not usable in
a smps, so I think it means different of so..

Thanks for explaning me. Th K factor and such I do now.

Setting the turns ratio of the transformer
is simply a matter of choosing
the right inductor values. Remember,
the inductance is proportional to the
square of the turns ratio. In the example
above, a turns ratio of 1:3 gives
a 1:9 inductance ratio. How? if I do 1:.3 I get 3.33 square of that gives 1.82.

regards

kees