Dx Blame Supercharged MKIII (three)

gchim

Hi Newton, sorry, but i didn't understand you.

Could you translate it?

you'd like to say about if everyone of us had read about MKIII?

Oi Newton, desculpe-me mas não entendi o que quiz dizer.

você gostaria de dizer sobre se cada um de nós tinha lido sobre o MKIII?

grande abraço

gchim

Carlos, i and some friends, would like to assembly the MKIII, with blue Brasilian boards.

We'd like to use as a subwoofer amplifier, and we'd like to talk about the construction issues, and discuss about crossovers or processors to filter e equalize the signal.

then, i ask you about whether we could discuss in this thread or we could open other thread?

hugs

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Brazilian friends

I would like to welcome all friends from BRAZIL. :)

Thanks for Joining us. :UP:

gchim

Hi Microsim, we are so glad for exist people like you.

long life to eletronic, long life to Carlos, long live to you.

ops, for amplifiers too.

Glaucio

Hi, friends from Brazil, from the world!

Regards

Glaucio Barros from Rio de Janeiro (land of beautiful women!!!)

meanman64

MicroSim and Carlos, a very nice ordened layout.About the sound I want be disapointed at all realy like my own Blame ST a lot.

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Hello guys, i am glad to have you here.... Maurício, Gláudio, Newton, Gustaff and several other brazilians that have joined us.... you are welcome, take a seat and enjoy a nice amplifier.

MKIII will have boards produced and offered in this same forum by the forum management.... it is not an exclusive design, he board is new and we have more power because using more output pairs.... so, you have two main possibilities..or to have more power using huge power transformers into the supply, or to obtain more power using lower impedance output loads.....but the best in that stuff is that you can have the same power you had in the MKII but using cheaper, smaller and easier to find output power transistors.

I do not think it will be needed to have brazilian boards as that forum does not deserve that.....the friendly members are here with us..so..they can have and enjoy this lovely board layout that is beeing prepared here by forum owner...himself is producing layout.

I am concentrated and focused here, a new forum with new ideas, with freedom to all of us...we can sell, we can exchange, borrow and do whatever we want here... this is the main advantage we have.... other international foruns are less friendly related to our freedom to sell our things...they are becoming business...profit is what they want.... this forum does not need profit as it is not what makes forum owner living..he has other source of income...if it will become a business too, well, this will take several years to happens and we can enjoy the good times now a days.

Exclusive secret design that will not be shared is the MAKO...i suppose it will be offered but with values printed in the board silk screen, not even schematic will be offered...will be sold to whole world and central distributor is Meanman, this one from Belgium you have in the previous post..someone that is a very important member from the Dx Corporation that since the early times was building all Dx amplifiers and giving huge support to all of us...he will distribute boards, Europe gonna be the central distribution place.... why this?

Pirates everywhere, there are several Dx amplifiers in the internet, in the Ebay....beeing sold at very low prices..but no one of them is authorized to do that..all them stealing the design.....because of that, we will not share schematics, gerbers, layouts and anything about (well, this will depend on the owner as this design will be sold...so...decisions will come from the new owner in near future..a couple of monthes i think)... this to avoid, or to turn more difficult to be copied...i will not inform or let people see the schematic..no one will see..only me and the future owner..will be keept in secret and we may produce errors in the boards to fix directly with the owner....we gonna produce tricks that someone that copies will be in troubles...the way they deserve..... gentleman agreement with the ones will buy will keep the secrets with us.... board owners will know..only them...the same way Hugh Dean from Aspen amplifiers have his secrets and no one have informed..i am one of them that knows and i have never informed (or used) his circuit secrets..

I would like to have some brazilians in here...but not to help that brazilian forum, as that owner does not deserves that, and all brazilians that wants to be with us can come here with us.

So, please, Gustaff, abandon the idea to help that forum....we are here..i am here..and not there..and you know why.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

handrich

Yes... exactly the same amplifier dear Sierra...absolutelly the same unit that was built by hundreds and resulted very good..... it is usually mismatched in gain...transistors are hard to find matched, the result is negative cicle a little bit bigger than the positive half side of the waveform...this produces, generates harmonics alike tube amplifiers that make it so nice to our ears..tubes sounds great despite measure very badly..but sound very, very good to human ears.... sound is delicious from tubes..also sound from the Dx Blame series of amplifiers.

Dx Blame ES
Dx Blame ST
Dx Blame MKII
Dx Blame MKII Supercharged
Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged

A big hug to you dear Handrich...i remember you very well..you are nice.

Very good Mauricio.... i am glad you could register......muito bom Maurício...fico feliz que tenhas conseguido registrar.

regards,

Carlos

thanks for remembered me mr.Carlos, let me know how much voltage input for this power amplifier ?

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Same voltage Handrich...55 plus 55 volts DC.....we used 350 watts power limiting power transformer...now we can use higher watt unit....amplifier can put out 150W RMS with 0.003% THD....and can put out (depending on transformer power), 330 watts RMS - 4 ohms with 1 percent distortion....so...nice strong peaks of power available and more power to modern highly distorted music too.

It is for home use Handrich...not for parties....not to put out 330 constantly for long time....the point is high quality amplifier for home use....Mako will be strong to produce earthquake 24 hors a day...round the clock

regards,

Carlos

gchim

Guys, i think that is necessary some explanation here:

1- i'm not helping other foruns, like the htforum
2- i'm not interested in disturbing any plan with MKIII
3- my plan and the new brasilian members are perhaps use the blue boards of MKII to construct MKIII
4- we are interested in use this amplifier to home use as a subwoofer amplifier.

then, i am interested to help the comunity, but our DIYSMPS comunity.
i'd like make it clear to all.

hugs.

Hello guys, i am glad to have you here.... Maurício, Gláudio, Newton, Gustaff and several other brazilians that have joined us.... you are welcome, take a seat and enjoy a nice amplifier.

MKIII will have boards produced and offered in this same forum by the forum management.... it is not an exclusive design, he board is new and we have more power because using more output pairs.... so, you have two main possibilities..or to have more power using huge power transformers into the supply, or to obtain more power using lower impedance output loads.....but the best in that stuff is that you can have the same power you had in the MKII but using cheaper, smaller and easier to find output power transistors.

I do not think it will be needed to have brazilian boards as that forum does not deserve that.....the friendly members are here with us..so..they can have and enjoy this lovely board layout that is beeing prepared here by forum owner...himself is producing layout.

I am concentrated and focused here, a new forum with new ideas, with freedom to all of us...we can sell, we can exchange, borrow and do whatever we want here... this is the main advantage we have.... other international foruns are less friendly related to our freedom to sell our things...they are becoming business...profit is what they want.... this forum does not need profit as it is not what makes forum owner living..he has other source of income...if it will become a business too, well, this will take several years to happens and we can enjoy the good times now a days.

Exclusive secret design that will not be shared is the MAKO...i suppose it will be offered but with values printed in the board silk screen, not even schematic will be offered...will be sold to whole world and central distributor is Meanman, this one from Belgium you have in the previous post..someone that is a very important member from the Dx Corporation that since the early times was building all Dx amplifiers and giving huge support to all of us...he will distribute boards, Europe gonna be the central distribution place.... why this?

Pirates everywhere, there are several Dx amplifiers in the internet, in the Ebay....beeing sold at very low prices..but no one of them is authorized to do that..all them stealing the design.....because of that, we will not share schematics, gerbers, layouts and anything about (well, this will depend on the owner as this design will be sold...so...decisions will come from the new owner in near future..a couple of monthes i think)... this to avoid, or to turn more difficult to be copied...i will not inform or let people see the schematic..no one will see..only me and the future owner..will be keept in secret and we may produce errors in the boards to fix directly with the owner....we gonna produce tricks that someone that copies will be in troubles...the way they deserve..... gentleman agreement with the ones will buy will keep the secrets with us.... board owners will know..only them...the same way Hugh Dean from Aspen amplifiers have his secrets and no one have informed..i am one of them that knows and i have never informed (or used) his circuit secrets..

I would like to have some brazilians in here...but not to help that brazilian forum, as that owner does not deserves that, and all brazilians that wants to be with us can come here with us.

So, please, Gustaff, abandon the idea to help that forum....we are here..i am here..and not there..and you know why.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Yes...and you are one of the best players we have.

I am preparing a multi language message about power and heat....soon the video will be right here.

regards,

Carlos

JAKUB_G

I am looking forward to some measurements. Why dont you use symmetric circuits? There are just advantages...

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Here you have the Supercharged MKII that has the same power you will find in the MKIII.... a test using generator measured in the yellow meter...the black one shows you the AC audio RMS output...around 40 volts with small distortion...and much more distorting 1 percent.

You see how strong it is..... when you have 0.002 percent of harmonic distortion (THD), you will be pumping out 156 watts rms at 8 ohms and 320 watts rms at 4 ohms....but you see that accepting some distortion you can go higher and the calculator machine shows you the output voltage....of course it will me clipping above 40 volts....but modern music already have clipped signal in its original waveform.

It was made in portuguese...but meters will show you what is going on...a friend made it, was Newton Costa.

regards,

Carlos[video=youtube;lOgo5aAptAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOgo5aAptAA[/video]

Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Good Evette...you will have your Mako.

Well folks, i will modify the circuit, or these forum boards will not be sold..so...the amplifier will be different.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Abouth the MKIII new schematic redesigned

[video=youtube;XLkIgHuNvWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLkIgHuNvWY[/video]About the MKIII new schematic... specifications about the redesigned unit.

regards,

Carlos