Dx Blame Supercharged MKIII (three)

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Today i could reduce harmonic distortion to 0.006% at 30 hertz (awsome!)....also total purity in the high frequencies as i could have 0.018% at 20 kilohertz.....these are Superb impressive figures.

Harmonic distribution till the 9th harmonic are just perfect... exactly the way humans loves.

Well...numbers are for the ones loves that.....i do prefere good sonic performance, and this is something from outer space....The sound is just DIVINE!

regards,

Carlos

niss_man

This Mako sounds like a very promising amp. But do please stop making such beautiful amplifiers as it is just too tempting for me to make more even though I don't need more. Have built 3 Blames so far :). Thanks for your help over the past year by the way. You are an excellent artisan and teacher.

Regards

Simon

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
This depends on Microsim to prepare the board layout.... it may take a couple of weeks or a month as he is busy now a days.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Well boys, as Microsim is busy i have invited an old friend...Alexandru from Romania... Popalexandru, and he is producing board layout and will provide gerbers that will be sent to this forum manager to produce boards for all of us.

The amplifier is under testing, and will be delivered in July, or before July depending the evolution in the prototype, you have an "avant première" of the board layout, just for you to watch, values will be changed, do not assemble for a while...also board was not tested, not checked, not built.

Amplifier may need more adjustments, so, values are only to decorate the board..do not trust the amplifier will work perfectly the way it is now..it will just operate..but needing tuning...and exactly that "tuning" is what makes an amplifier good or bad.

Do not buid for a while, as this may be wrong in the board and may explode in your face.... i do not want to be responsable for that, reason why i am repeating... board "untested" and not ready to go!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• PCB DX BLAME MK III.pdf
    147.8 KB · Views: 585

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Here is the schematic...values not printed for you because for sure i will change something...already differences exists in the prototype..in other words, layout is one, schematic is other and prototype is different for both previous ones.

Do not build for a while...wait this be deeply checked and tested..wait boards folks..or at least wait further testings.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame MKIII - no values for a while - under testing.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 362

Stian

Nice work Destroyer X! :)

I Have a question about the PCBs you are going to make, i see its marked +- 55v. And since it is 5 output transistor pairs, it should be possible to raise to voltage abit, or is there any special reasons its sat at 55v? will there be a protection circuit for the outputs added?

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Was set this way to make it able to face 1 ohm load...increasing voltage the output power will increase and output transistors will be destroyed...of course, if you increase voltage and use only 8 and 4 ohms loads, then no problems.

No protection added..they kill sonics...i do not use any protection.... and this is a matter of honor to me, not to mess with sonics in the name of saving a couple of dollares reducing output pairs quantity.... i use to make them heavy duty...owner may die one day because agging, but equipment will remain working ,and still being used, by your children and grandchildren.

regards,

Carlos

About the board layout...thank you Microsim, it was made by my friend Alex mm from Rumania.

Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
We need a month to move on....then gerbers will come to Microsim and he will order some boards to provide forum folks.

regards,

Carlos

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
PCBs

We need a month to move on....then gerbers will come to Microsim and he will order some boards to provide forum folks.

regards,

Carlos

Thats true

PCBs will be at an affordable price, for all to enjoy.

Thanks Carlos! :UP:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
[video=youtube;SEaZc3OP_gE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEaZc3OP_gE[/video]I am working to test the MKIII and the MAKO using bigger heatsinks .. .the ones i am using are not very good ... these ones should be better.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    353 KB · Views: 42

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
[video=youtube;37XIN4NZx4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XIN4NZx4c[/video]I have "captured" the heatsinks from here:

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I am asking Gerbers to start production of this board next month... Alex mm (Alexandru from Rumania) is the one produced this layout and may produce the MAKO layout too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MK III PCB.jpg
    DX MK III PCB.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 296

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Interruption in MKIII project... we gonna need more time to finish.

For a while i have stopped with the MKIII project... needs board revision and some cash flow to produce boards... we gonna see the next exciting chapter in one month or two.... prototype is playing and soon i will show you.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Here you have something about the MKIII, so you can build it if you want

This amplifier is open to the whole world, not exclusive to any forum, it is a DIY design for our enjoyment and extreme pleasure.

The power amplifier can produce huge ammounts of energy and it is able to operate under 1 ohm load...so, it is strong and reliable, can operate at 4 ohms and even 1 ohm without worries about deep valleys of impedance in some frequency..and this happens with several speakers mainly because passive crossovers... even a 4 ohms speaker can measure 2.2 ohms impedance in some frequency.... so, this amplifier is good and safe to be used together some crazy speakers as it is very tollerant to the ouput impedance.

Audio quality is awsome and specifications are great..numbers are very good and fourier analisis, AC analisis and listening tests made it be something to make all of us proud because of this design, so you can assemble the unit because i ensure will drive you happy.... satisfaction is guaranteed!

Layout was produced by Doctor Alexandru from Rumania, Alex mm is his nick name...the guy is very good producing layouts....he is a professional.... if you need black and white images to etch boards at your own home, then search for Alexandru because i cannot provide you these images..i have not a good working viewer to make it, neither a good image editor to do that..he must provide you the needed images to etch your boards at home.

The schematic is attached, was built and sounded great.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MK III SOLDER MASK.jpg
    DX MK III SOLDER MASK.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DX MK III PHOTO VIEW.jpg
    DX MK III PHOTO VIEW.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DX MK III SILK TOP.jpg
    DX MK III SILK TOP.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 153