Recent content by blasphemy000

1. B

TL494 Lab PSU

Those error amplifiers aren't very good and still leave you with no way to do real current-mode control. While the idea of simply using one error amp for current limiting and the other for voltage limiting sounds very simple and straight forward, in practice this doesn't really work well at all...
  2. B

Half Bridge vs Full bridge SMPS

A high powered half-bridge is certainly possible. It wouldn't be my first choice for power levels greater than 1KW, but that is just my personal preference. I can't comment on your transformer choice or anything like that, just reaffirming that your goal of 2KW is realistic using a half-bridge...
  3. B

Tube amp SMPS

http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?522-Calculation-programs-for-transformers-and-inductors I forgot about these. The person that designed the transformer calculator also designed some other magnetic calculators. There is a Flyback one in there also. I've never used it, but it should...
  4. B

Single MOSFET Driver IC for 2SW FWD OFFLINE CONVERTER

This is the basic design of what he is building here. I don't think there are driver ICs made that can drive the FETs in this kind of topology, I could be wrong though. Both FETs are switched on/off together so I don't think that the bootstrap capacitor with an IC like IR2110 would charge. I've...
  5. B

Some questions about my SMPS TIG Welder build...

Well I managed to get my hands on Altium Designer. I needed a program that would produce Gerber files so that I could have the PCBs professionally made. It has a pretty steep learning curve but I'm fairly good with software and managed to get a basic handle on it within a few hours. I've redrawn...
  6. B

Snubber calculation...

Just a quick question about snubber calculation. How do you do it effectively or is it more of an art? I've built a few SMPSs but they were all based off of other people's designs with minor tweaking so I just used the snubber values that they provided. If I'm designing a power supply from...
  7. B

Here is an image of how I am envisioning the heatsinking.
  8. B

Dear Friends: I am currently in the planning/designing phase of building a Switch-Mode TIG welder and I have some questions. Before anybody asks, I have built several lower-power <500W SMPSs in the past, as well as one 1000W SMPS(The miniature version of this welder). I've built a couple...
  9. B

Built a Differential O-Scope Amp

Here is the updated schematic to include the RC combination that is inside of the two probes I am using with this amplifier. I cannot stress enough how important the RC combination inside of the probe handle is. This amplifier will self-destruct if you attach full mains voltage to the input...
  10. B

Built a Differential O-Scope Amp

I was in need of a differential scope probe for use in building my SMPSs but at the present time I was unable to afford even the cheapest of differential probes as the cheapest new one I found was $360 dollars and the cheapest used one I found was $200. Now I know that this differential amp I...
  11. B

16V/5W Flyback - Standby/Auxiliary Supply.

Here's the pictures of the finished unit...
  12. B

16V/5W Flyback - Standby/Auxiliary Supply.

Hello all. This is my first thread on here, although I've been doing a lot of reading and learning from your website. I want to say thank you to the operators of this site for the wealth of information that is on here. Anyways. On to the miniature power supply. I'm in the designing and testing...