1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all!

I'm back after a long health problem .. now i am fine.

Sorry for the long waiting

I'll post in the next day complete and final PCB and schematics after finishing to tests.

Ludo

Welcome Back! :)

Hope you are better now.

Thanks

congobg

Hello all, i`m new member so excuse me if i ask stupid question.
My question is about the output voltage of the supply. As i see there is no feedback so output voltage must depend on the trafo.
If i`m right, can you post (after you post the final version) some table may be or number of turns per volt so everyone will bi able to adjust the output voltage for it`s needs.

Thank you for your time.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
output voltage

Hello all, i`m new member so excuse me if i ask stupid question.
My question is about the output voltage of the supply. As i see there is no feedback so output voltage must depend on the trafo.
If i`m right, can you post (after you post the final version) some table may be or number of turns per volt so everyone will bi able to adjust the output voltage for it`s needs.

Thank you for your time.

Yes, thats true.

This SMPS is not a regulated SMPS, like those uses feed back with opto coupler.

this method is better for audio amplifiers usage.

Ludo will post every thing soon, including transformer construction.

You can change output voltage by adjusting the turns of transformer, with +- 5% voltage drop at full Load witch is perfect!

congobg

First - Thank you for quck response. :)
Second -
You can change output voltage by adjusting the turns of transformer, with +- 5% voltage drop at full Load witch is perfect!
No it is not perfect it is awesome :)

I will wait for the final version :)

p.s. One question more - Can we use EI cores, and if we can is EI33 good for 200-300W.

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
:)

Ok

We are already working at another 400W SMPS for small amplifiers!

But EI33, I dont know if you are talking about those cores already found in PC SMPS?

The 400W model will use * may be * ETD39 or ETD44 dont know yet!

Ludo Will lead that SMPS also!

congobg

:)
But EI33, I dont know if you are talking about those cores already found in PC SMPS?
Yes, these are put in PC PSU rated for 300-400-500W, but for now i will not pull more than 150-200W from this supply. But in the future i may need this power. I have some of these cores - that is why i`m asking this :)

Corvett

Yes, these are put in PC PSU rated for 300-400-500W, but for now i will not pull more than 150-200W from this supply. But in the future i may need this power. I have some of these cores - that is why i`m asking this :)

I dont know f you can dissemble the EI33 cores found into PC SMPS? -)

That core should deliver 300W without problems, But i cant find any informations on how to calculate turns for EI33

congobg

I dont know f you can dissemble the EI33 cores found into PC SMPS? -)

4 out of 5 times i have success with disassemble the core. I put it into hot water 80-90 degrees for about 10-15 min or more. In this conditions the glue is melting and you can easily disassemble it.

But after all i think that there will be no place for windings :(

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
4 out of 5 times i have success with disassemble the core. I put it into hot water 80-90 degrees for about 10-15 min or more. In this conditions the glue is melting and you can easily disassemble it.

But after all i think that there will be no place for windings :(

No place?

I think you should remove all old wire, and re wind it again to meet your needs.

Usually PC SMPS, old ones, uses Half bridge topology, and the primary side of the transformer should be OK, if you change the secondary windings to your needs, it may work, I never tried it before ::SD

Also I cannot find any details about the EI33 core, if you locate datasheets for that core it will be great, then I can guide you for making it from scratch :D

congobg

I dont know that this datasheet has all the info.
If i can use it for that project ok, if not it is not a problem i will buy ETD49.
If you have any project useing EI33 i will be happy to see it.
Primary windings of EI33 trafo is 22 then isolation, secondary and then another 22 all of them are single wire.

Attachments

• EI33.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,540

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know that this datasheet has all the info.
If i can use it for that project ok, if not it is not a problem i will buy ETD49.
If you have any project useing EI33 i will be happy to see it.
Primary windings of EI33 trafo is 22 then isolation, secondary and then another 22 all of them are single wire.

I advice you to get ETD49

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Etd44

ok, in the moment i have ETD44 and EE55 i will try to find and ETD49.
I will wait for the final version. :)

ETD44 is perfect for 900W, you only need to make some simple modifications to the PCB and transformer windings :)

vikramjoshi

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum. there is lots of good work going here.
I want to make a smps for my Audio Amplifier. Needed psu is 75-0-75 6 amperes (900 va) 1 Channel, so what should be its Smps Equivalent.
First i will have to look for available components.

Happy Diy

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
This is my first post on this forum. there is lots of good work going here.
I want to make a smps for my Audio Amplifier. Needed psu is 75-0-75 6 amperes (900 va) 1 Channel, so what should be its Smps Equivalent.
First i will have to look for available components.

Happy Diy

Thanks for joining.

There are many guys around here working around the SAME project, if you wish to play with same one ludo made. here you go

PLEASE

Dont hesitate to ask me any thing before you make that SMPS. Ask here at forums you will get faster response, and all will get help

Attachments

• Desktop.rar
    107.1 KB · Views: 2,404

vikramjoshi

Hello MicrosiM,
Ok looks good enough, Acquiring parts will not be a problem. What will be the voltage of this smps and any assembling instructions if possible.
Thank You

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hello MicrosiM,
Ok looks good enough, Acquiring parts will not be a problem. What will be the voltage of this smps and any assembling instructions if possible.
Thank You

output voltage depends on secondary turns of the transformer you will make.

If you wait some time, ludo will show up a new updated model of the smps, using IR2110

Unless you want to have good experience by making the two models

ludo3232

Hi all!

Sorry for long wait...

Now the 1kW smps run correctly and full tested

The new version use a SG3525 and IR2110

And short circuits protected!

I finalize the schematics and PCB

I use a shielded transformer :

1. 1/2 Primary - 11 Turns

3. 1/2 Secondary - 8 Turns (for +/- 50V)

4. 1/2 Secondary - 8 Turns (for +/- 50V)

5. Copper Shield

6. 1/2 Primary - 11 Turns

And now i have 20mV noise at output.. is GOOD.

i post the final schematics and PCB tomorrow.