Search results

1. Silvio

IR2153 SMPS TEST

130 khz is rather a high frequency and there tend to be a lot of switching losses. These losses generate heat at high frequency. Working out the number of primary turns you are a bit over at 40 turns primary. At 100khz this would be somewhat close to the number of primary turns you have on the...
  2. Silvio

IR2153 SMPS TEST

Post the full schematic. I am not sure but trying to peep further on to the output side i think there is an opto which will regulate the output voltage. The IR2153 is not meant to be regulated. Using an SG3525 followed by a GDT will do a better job if the output needs to be regulated. The...
  3. Silvio

900w +-70v half-bridge smps

The smps you are showing here was published on 320v.com however I am giving the link for you to see the finished product https://320volt.com/en/700w-800w-900w-smps-sg3525-ir2110/ Regards Silvio
  4. Silvio

Switching power supply design by Abraham L Pressman

I have it somewhere buried in my old laptop. I will send it to you as soon as I find it.
  5. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

1) I cannot see the soft start resistor. The triac mt1 and mt2 terminals should be across it. 2) you only need 1 bridge rectifier at this power, no need for 2. 3) the 15v regulators need heatsink and also the triac at the input. If this is the revision 2 version i see you built the one with...
  6. Silvio

1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Yes it is
  7. Silvio

Here is the final PDF of the 1000w smps. This contains also options for feedback but if you intend to use it for audio purpose then you can omit this feature. I found it works better with less noise. I can drive my 1000w amplifier very well. You can find the amplifier using this smps in the...
  8. Silvio

Yes you can use the 0.45 mm wire instead it is still good. You can use 2 bundles of 5 wires each 0.45 mm. This will give you a cross sectional area of 1.59mm^2 which is about the same. However an EE55 core is slightly bigger than ETD49. My final number of turns with ETD49 was 18 turns primary...
  9. Silvio

IR2153 Soft Start

Well the attachment is related to snubbers. This will depend on 1) the leakage inductance of the trafo, 2) if the secondary winding has an inductor after the diode. 3) pcb design. These are the main causes of spike generation and also the need for a snubber. An smps running with a 50% pwm duty...
  10. Silvio

IR2153 Soft Start

Here is the PDF file version 2. In the file you can find several protection circuits as these where developed during the making of this SMPS. The main pcb was adopted so that the main components are there and this could be modified accordingly. The oscillator and protection however was made...
  11. Silvio

IR2153 Soft Start

It is because they where both drawn by me, On the eda board I was just trying to get an additional idea to get also a short circuit protection, I discarded the current limiter because during current limit if held for a long time my mosfets where also blowing. After that I modified the design and...
  12. Silvio

IR2153 Soft Start

Seeing this schematic I see that the green part of the circuit is not really a soft start but rather some kind of protection. Usually this circuit will trigger an SCR rather than a transistor. To pull pin 3 to ground is either done instantly and latches rater than going on and off with a...
  13. Silvio

Short-circuited my brand new SMPS :-(

Try this link...
  14. Silvio

Half bridge SMPS - transistors blow up under inductive load

I believe that when you are using those kind of motors it is surely the fact that as you are saying the transistors are getting hot it is clearly seen that the peak currents are exceeding a certain limit. A simple cure is to use a more efficient heatsink and also added fan cooling if heat is...
  15. Silvio

2 basic question about half bridge smps.

QUOTE:- In fig. 5 the whole core of the transformer is used since the voltage swings from +1/2 VCC to -1/2 VCC. Is that still the case in fig. 3? As explained earlier this is also half bridge topology and using only the blocking capacitor in fig 3. Only half the voltage is present across the...
  16. Silvio

1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

This is a modified file that works on windows 10
  17. Silvio

You can download the file on the link below. This program does not run on windows 10 but works well on windows 7 and possibly 8 also. You will find the zip files on post #85 download the 7300 file...
  18. Silvio

B is the flux density. This varies according to the core material Not all core materials take the same flux density. This is usually applied according to the core material. There exist a lot of types of materials some are siuted for high frequency around 100khz or more and some are siuted to...
  19. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Please note that you marked the IC pins wrong. Pin 1 starts at the dot on the IC. ( EX what you marked pin3 is pin6) On the schematic there is a small mistake but it is still tied to the center of the HB. If its before or after the primary does not make a difference.
  20. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Just to let you understand more the schematic. Pin 6 is VS, that is the centre between the 2 mosfets. Here the direction of current flow changes polarity every half cycle. As more current is drawn by the mosfets a ripple is generated the more current the larger the amplitude of the ripple. We...