Search results

1. K

1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

Hi 2pist yes it is a resonance type of supply, for you I can look at what is used, possible i can find it with measurements or seeking pins, almost it is a kwown cheap chip. Finding other mosfets is not so difficult, just look for ones wpecial for resoance with high breakdown voltages.
  2. K

You can see the driver chip? or is these complete encapsulated. I have a 1000 WATT version and did not yet use it but it does work, get nice 65 + 65 volts and is 1 kilowatts, however the mosfet half bride is quite strange because it are mosfets who are insulated, and small, that is quite scary...
  3. K

Hi silvio, I do make two, one for the power amp 60 v x 2 and one for the tube preamp who have 350 volts 0.12 amp 2 x 120 volts 0.25 amp and 6.3 and 12.6 volts 10 amp (extra for be able to experiment with other tubes) I regulate the 12,.6 volts and the 6,3 volts is from halve that winding. In...
  4. K

Hi Silvio. Thanks for your advice, I use a llc for the amp, it is build and working with mosfets and do 1 Kw I bought these not build myself, just curiosity, Ali thing but see the mosfets are small isolated type.. The schematic you did see is for the tube driver/pre-amp part, this one does...
  5. K

Hi there. Nice thread. I am busy with resonance smps for tube hybrid, it is a LCC because it is a supply for tube drivers and pre-amp. How you do the feedback? because audio power amplifiers have a lot of fast transients because of music, the smps has to stay in regulation and keep low output...
  6. K

LCC multivoltage smps.

Hi all. I have some doubts about the calculation of the transformer for a LCC supply who needs to have high voltages and some low filament voltages for tubes. Maybe somewone can help me out how to calculate a transformer forLCC, for LLC I do now the transformer is part of resonance, I do not...
  7. K

Transformer calculation for LCC resonance converter.

Hi there all. I have a question about the LCC trannsformer, How do I need to calculate this, I do know how it does in LLC but did read that the LCC have a capacitor divider and the transformer is a load and not part of resonance. Can I just calculate a half bridge hard switching converter for...
  8. K

How to decide what smps I need for project hybrid amp.

Hi all I see I have post here a lot useless stuff, Oke, I am back because winter is coming. I have still not yet find out how to make the smps, I have simulate a half bridge resonant because for pre stages I need clean voltages. I have decided to use supply where the filament voltages are...
  9. K

Smps for audio tubes voltages.

Hi there I want to build a smsp for high voltages and filament. Need 2 x 120 volts 250 mA 1 x 350 volts 100 mA 1 x 6.3 volts 5 amp and 1 x 12.6 volts 5 amp or I can make one 18 volts 10 amps and use regulators for filament ofg tubes, the 10 amp is nice for bigger tubes for experimenting. I do...
  10. K

Gate drive supply for flyingcap three level simulation.

Hi There all. I hope everyone is in good health. I have a problem I can not overcome right, the drive of a multilevel flying cap system who is for Class d testing. I did wnat that to try with Gan, so open loop can be tested. I did try in LTspice with the LMG5113 stacked on four mosfets but...
  11. K

Two switch forward based on UC3845

Thanks, I do also. I did use eagle, but since it is changed with that internet trouble I do not use it anymore, kicad do come close to that as learning curve. regards
  12. K

Two switch forward based on UC3845

Hi what pcb software do you use>? thanks
  13. K

Scale able class D 1250W UCD style and Non-UCD style - PCB Ready. Tested.

Hi all. In past I did this one who is feedbacked pre and post and does very low distortion. I have use in sim a chip who has programmable deadtimes, en I did see that the mosfet mention here is even better with it's low nC. This schematic is a three level, less stress on mosfets and give a...
  14. K

Resonant Smps for audio amp including tube preamps.

Hi all First I do wish you all a happy new year. I have a question about desiging a resonant smps for audio. because it is need to have low radiation around it a resonant is best. Mine question is I need multiply voltages and do not now how to design the transformer the best way. I need...
  15. K

Thanks for the note, I didm read that, the chip I have also now. Mine concern was the multiply voltages I need 300 volts output, and 2 x 120 and 1 x 15 volts 10 amps. I have some sheets to calculate also with other chips, it is the resonant frequ and such, what is the same for all. I have now...
  16. K

Hi All Do somebody now how to calculate the transformer itselfs? I have done this with a excel sheet who is used for a sudden chip I not use But I think it will work also because resonance is resonance right? I have imput that in a simulator and it was quite good and close. I see the resulting...
  17. K

I have for me to make it more easy but special to learn more made a schematic contains only the resonant parts, transformer and outputs. Then made a sweep, I did discover when put more outputs on the transformer the resonant frequency did not change much, really almost nothing, suprise? or...
  18. K

Hi All I decided to use a open loop resonance version with lineair voltage regulators for the tube filament voltages, I have seen in simulation that such a resonant smps keep voltages quite stable even without feedback. have not done it so I have the voltages however the resonance change when...
  19. K

I get error when opening the worksheet. see pic. regards
  20. K

THanks res_smps, appreciate it I go try, I think it will work oke. For the other stuff I did ask about like feedback runout I have discover the reason, the resonant tank gain is the reason, needs different for type of supply who has low idle load like for amps. Dit change the ratio Lm and Lr...