Search results

1. F

Flyback uc3845 transformer core hating up.

I tried different frequency (~55Khz) and result is exactly the same. I think it is not possible to get any better with heat from transformer... I measured efficiency of ~83% is that acceptable? Also - what themperature rise of transformer is save?
  2. F

Flyback uc3845 transformer core hating up.

Hello! I had recently build flyback SMPS based on UC3845 chip. It operates correctly - no noise, stable output voltage, full power capable (24V/100W). I have Just one problem: Transformer core (not windings) is heating up (too hot to keep my hand on it) even at power of 50W. operating freq...
  3. F

TL494 halbridge like ATX problem

Thank You for quick help! Power is currently connected in such a way: (bulb allows transistors to survive, when something goes wrong) Now I can connect grounded scope enywhere i need, and converter has full 220V. First waveforms without buzzing: This is waveform on base of T1(337) or T2 -...
  4. F

TL494 halbridge like ATX problem

Hello. I'm not sure if section correct, if not please tell me. Since my start with electronics ( I was 10 years old ) I used simply SMPS like LM2575 or so, to power microcontrollers or other stuff - these chips was simple, and resolving any problems took like minutes. Last year I wanted to...