Search results

1. res_smps

How to decide what smps I need for project hybrid amp.

i don't know if this ncp1396 worksheet can be used for ncp1395
  2. res_smps

SMPS with PFC

Dear Silvio, yes, that also true. Thank you for the file, I also previously shared it here (zip files) in post #2 please ignore the picture in post #41, there was an error cbulk value is determined from the highest results from the following 2 formulas : 1)...
  3. res_smps

SMPS with PFC

I think I have to correct this statement I thought the PFC frequency determined the size of the capacitor, I was wrong from the worksheet, capacitor requirements are not determined by the PFC frequency, please check this formula (pic) below *for the same power, the higher the output voltage...
  4. res_smps

SMPS with PFC

another mistake? maybe the error is only in the schematic, i hope the pcb is correct
  5. res_smps

SMPS with PFC

I measured the inductance of this Sanken transformer which turned out to be quite small, I have never used it so I cannot comment further Lp : 152.8uH aux 9.68uH Ls (out) : 15.89uH I also found some mistakes
  6. res_smps

from what I observed most audio pro use igbt and igbt is suitable for zcs, works under resonant frequency. and i don't know why they choose zcs over zvs Now LLC seems to be more popular on TV sets, using mosfets that are suitable for ZVS and LLC can also be used for step-ups, in this appnote...
  7. res_smps

hi, there are 4 common types of resonant converters 1. SRC: used by most pro-audio, using IGBT working on ZCS (for example crown xti series), unregulated 2. PRC 3. LLC: widely used today for LCD / LED TV, regulated 4. LCC: from theory suitable for step up (Vo> Vin) for the calculation of the...
  8. res_smps

SMPS with PFC

Dear Silvio, First I clarify my statement above that I do not need (interested) the PFC applies to me personally, not in general. from what I understand, reactive power only circulating in system, in one cycle at a short time a large current is needed to charge the capacitor and supply the...
  9. res_smps

Resonant SMPS using L6599

Thank you Microsim, I measure the voltage at resonant capacitor using voltage divider (1M and 10K if I remember correctly) then connect to my oscilloscope because my oscilloscope is only 80Vpp max next time I'll do it for you
  10. res_smps

RF power resistor for SMPS dummy load test

Dear silvio, yes, i've seen the video unfortunately I am bad at mechanical design and the cost of construction using a CNC machine is not cheap this is the progreess from this configuration we can use A-B : 100ohm 300W A-C or B-C : 50 Ohm 150W A||B(parallel)-C : 25 ohm 300W This dummy...
  11. res_smps

load test using a water heater load with 1 heaters Pin=401,6W Vout=138,4A Iout=2,62A Pout=362,608W Eff=90,29% load with 2 heaters Pin=818W Vout=138,5 Iout=5,43A Pout=752,055W Eff=91,94%
  12. res_smps

Dear Silvio. I used nickel wire for a long time, glowing red when it was hot, it burned my table several times yesterday I bought some 1000W 220V (around 400W when I tried to 140V smps) water heaters for EUR 1.28 each I measure this heater has a 1.1mH inductance and this is the rf...
  13. res_smps

Electronic Dummy load concept I have a plan like this: Using an electronic switch (Mosfet) to eliminate sparks M1,M2,M3 fully on when switched M4 as variable resistor depends on gate voltage
  14. res_smps

We know that there are several methods for testing SMPS. In this post I want to ask, has anyone ever used an RF dummy load power resistor? I can get this used resistor at a very cheap price (under 1 Euro each). I am thinking of paralleling and placing it on the CPU heatsink and installing the fan
  15. res_smps

SMPS with PFC

Dear Rookiex, for the calculation of the fullbridge transformer you can refer to this http://tahmidmc.blogspot.com/2013/02/ferrite-transformer-turns-calculation_22.html the number of primary windings for fullbridge smps will be 2 times half bridge smps for calculation the PFC you can use this...
  16. res_smps

Dear Silvio, I think the meter on the input measures peak current, from this screenshot Pin = 1292W, Pout = 118*9.49 = 1119.82, the result is 86,4% eff maybe these results are also not really accurate, I just did a quick test, not comparing with my clampmeter / multimeter. because my kids...
  17. res_smps

This is a photo after all the components are installed some components use smd at the bottom layer output voltage : +/-70V regulated (main output) +/-12V +12V the next step is to load test
  18. res_smps

Dear Silvio, This is just the initial test to make sure its main function works. I have not tried to load test, I expect to be able to get 1000W (with an additional fan if needed) This pcb will be equipped with an extra +-15V regulated voltage (for preamps) and +12/24V with mains voltage...
  19. res_smps

this is a new pcb design, using an old version of the controller module. Tested using a transformer from the old design, unregulated at 90kHz frequency
  20. res_smps

I tried a new chip on a new pcb but it didn't work either. finally I tried using the old pcb design and it could function well. so it seems the problem is in pcb design. I choose to be conservative, I will make a new pcb based on this old pcb with improvements: - the addition of more secondary...