Search results

1. B

Snubber calculation...

Just a quick question about snubber calculation. How do you do it effectively or is it more of an art? I've built a few SMPSs but they were all based off of other people's designs with minor tweaking so I just used the snubber values that they provided. If I'm designing a power supply from...
  2. B

Some questions about my SMPS TIG Welder build...

Dear Friends: I am currently in the planning/designing phase of building a Switch-Mode TIG welder and I have some questions. Before anybody asks, I have built several lower-power <500W SMPSs in the past, as well as one 1000W SMPS(The miniature version of this welder). I've built a couple...
  3. B

Built a Differential O-Scope Amp

I was in need of a differential scope probe for use in building my SMPSs but at the present time I was unable to afford even the cheapest of differential probes as the cheapest new one I found was $360 dollars and the cheapest used one I found was $200. Now I know that this differential amp I...
  4. B

16V/5W Flyback - Standby/Auxiliary Supply.

Hello all. This is my first thread on here, although I've been doing a lot of reading and learning from your website. I want to say thank you to the operators of this site for the wealth of information that is on here. Anyways. On to the miniature power supply. I'm in the designing and testing...