Search results

1. K

IR2153 Blows UP!

Hi. I have built this SMPS that is designed by Yamaha with exact same components except for the IGBTs. At first I have tried to use IFRP450 but after 5 seconds of operation IR2153 burnt out. So I replaced them with IRF740 and this time my SMPS worked properly. Since I had a pair of 2SK4106 I...
  2. K

Flyback SMPS transformer calculations

I have built this power supply but I can't figure out the correct number of turns for the transformer. here is the PDF schematic: This SMPS is based on UC3842 controller and is supposed to work with 220V and the output voltage is 13.8 Volts at 8 Amps. This is my first Flyback and it is...
  3. K

SG3525 based ETD core & output coil winding

Ok. So I was thinking completely wrong about the term "Regulated". I thought that a SMPS is called "regulated" when its output voltage passes through a regulator IC! I need to read that book couple of times.
  4. K

No it is not regulated. Here is the schematic. the zener diodes put in series with opto-coupler anode pin form the compensation circuitry. I am also doubtful about those two output coils. because I have seen in no other SMPS using separate coils for different voltage rails. Could it be a major...
  5. K

Many thanks to MicroSim for providing this image and the winding topology explanation. 1: 1/2 Primary 2: 1/2 Secondary 3:1/2 Secondary 4: 1/2 Primary But I still wonder what is the air gap and how should I prevent it in my transformer.
  6. K

Hello there, I have built a 50khz sg3525/IR2110 based half bridge SMPS which works, but not properly. I am a absolute noob with SMPS. So that is why i'm asking these basic questions. The ETD59 core makes a loud high frequency noise with or without load connected. So far I know that my winding...
  7. K

SG3525 IR2110 50Khz 900W SMPS Question

Hello everyone, I made a 50Khz SMPS using the schematic I have attached to my message. I built it using the exact same parts written in the schematic. The only difference is that I adjusted the circuit for +36/-36 volts. So, I used a 36v zener and as for turns ratio, (Primary 26 turns of 1.7mm...