Search results

1. R

Easy SMPS for everyone :)

It's dead, Jim! Hmm, so I got my build hacked together and I'm just trying to get something reading off the main transformer. So far just 0V over primary, secondary, feedback. I tried switching polarity of feedback but no difference. Now I see the importance of CATIII scope since the battery...
  2. R

Build in progress Watch this space...
  3. R

New design: 250W Active PFC SMPS

Oh you're right, it's meant to look like this, is it correct?
  4. R

Okay, I have a new revision based on your feedback. The PFC circuit uses an ON semiconductor controller and is simpler now. It also runs powered from a lower powered tap off the main transformer. I stuck with a boost configuration because it uses a smaller transformer and like you say it's not...
  5. R

Hi guys! I have something exciting for you. Over the last few days I've been designing this SMPS. It is only 250W but that's enough for many applications, we don't need 1KW or anything like that. Sometimes more important is the below features, which this circuit demonstrates: - Greater than...
  6. R

Ok, I ripped apart a fairly hefty transformer from a TV I found on the side of the road to get down to the core. I don't know if it's E33 or whatever. Can I use this?
  7. R

k so I've been planning this out some and I'm keen to make the half-bridge FET version, but I'm unsure of a lot of the components. I've labelled what I'm not sure about below: Also, is it easy to make this power supply output a positive and negative voltage, or can it only do positive in...
  8. R

Automatic input AC voltage detection

Hi guys, I'd like to design something like this. In the specs it goes from 85 ~ 265 VAC so can be used in any mains worldwide. How do they do that? There is no selector switch. Any schematics or info out there? I'd ideally like +-30VDC out, 250W. Cheers...
  9. R

Is this little transformer from an energy saver bulb really big enough for Tr1?