Search results

1. Z

PIC controlled 907 clone

I recently found this on ebay:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Soldering-iron-handle-24V-50W-for-Soldering-iron-station-907A-852D-936-/232021180398?hash=item36058a3fee:g:bK8AAOSw0HVWBRRH and had a 12-0-12 transformer lying around. I had a look on the net and found a lot of Arduino PWM controlled...
  2. Z

Thoughts on a diy multimeter

I have been thinking of building an instrument lately based on the following: . Its still a thought at the time being. The 16F877A oversampling ADC in the diagram could be for testing purposes and get replaced with an ADS1115 or an LTC2400. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks
  3. Z

introduction to microcontrollers

I have made a post at http://microcontrollerintro.blogspot.com/ for anyone to get a general idea of how to deal with microcontrollers in general and without being manufacturer specific. Its for novice only have a look your comments are welcome
  4. Z

DC Electronic load another project to the list

While testing an scoping the prototype of my LM723 i quickly designed a quick dc electronic load around a TL072 and an IRF540 and used it to test the PSU for light loading. Looking a little bit around an thinking a little bit long term i searched and bit an managed to extend the load to do...
  5. Z

PIC logic analyzer - digital storage oscilloscope

Being curious about logic analyzers and pc based oscilloscopes, I started researching a little bit. I had initially looked at the bitscope oscilloscope. The original bitscope based on 16F84 and then the BS300 which have their schematics published gave me some ideas. The solution is based on a...
  6. Z

LM324 Bench PSU

Hi attached is a LM324 based PSU which I have built to help me build my digital audio project. The ic is not expensive and will work well if set like a traditional bench psu. Some improvement can be added to the circuit but its for temporary use for the meantime
  7. Z

DIY DAC + CD Player Project

I have just received CS8416 SPDIF receivers as well as TDA1543 DAC and CS49XX delta sigma DACS. I am planning to build the following . I have built an adapter board for the CS8416 and tested it in hardware mode but i was unable to get the I2S clock running though i got the signals for LRCK and...
  8. Z

XR2206 digitally controlled function generator

I am working on a digitally controlled XR2206 based signal generator. The core oscillator schematic is attached. It can do sine, square, sawtooth,triangle,duty contolled square wave,FM,AM and voltage contolled frequency sweep the kits don't give you all this, only the basics. The plan for the...
  9. Z

Another IR2153 SMPS

Hi i've started to start planning an IR2153 based SMPS: its till in the design stage i need to complete the SMPS calculation and the scematics. Am mostly concentrating on the issues with IR2153 before embarking on the power calculations which means 1) soft start at the poewr input rails 2)...
  10. Z

PIC Controlled MP3 player

Am starting to gather parts to embark on a pic controlled SD card based MP3 player i already have the following parts: 1) 16F877A - DSPIC30F4011J just in case i lack program space on the 16F877A 2) VS1053B- VLSI mp3 decoder ic which has a built in DAC and can decode any MP3 stream sent to it...
  11. Z

PIC16F628A Dev board

Am evaluating and preparing schematic for a pic16F628A dev board. I will post schematic soon. Why not buy one on ebay? Below $100 its just a board with connectors and nothing on. It also takes time to build the circuit on breadbaord, then program and debug until conclusive. Anyone built any dev...
  12. Z

Help with PWM Amp

Hi i am trying to design my own PWM amp using discrete component. I have reached the following stage:. I need help to implement proper high side mosfet drive and dead time. Can anybody please help. Lower mosfet drive is fine. Thanks P:S: I simply want to complete and get this design working not...
  13. Z

LM723 Based bench PSU

I know this is a place for SMPS but i wanted to build a transformer based bench psu. I just completed testing of this prototype: . Current and voltage regulation are working fine i need to scope the output to see how clean it is. Currently its giving 20V 6A max continuous and >11A max in very...
  14. Z

EI-33 based half bridge

Am starting this new thread after failure to get proper core to build a flyback. The SMPS calculations are as follows: It will be based on a TL494 with totem pole buffers and GDT. An EI-33 core with an AL of 3719 will be used. I had to test 4 harvested SMPS cores to get two with AL>=3000 some...
  15. Z

Low Power 240V AC SMPS <30W flyback or forward?

I have a question for anybody who has built low power SMPS before and looking to build a small mains 240V powered prototype that could deliver +-12V @ 1A (24W) based on UC3842 and those EI33 core (I know its too big but i got plenty unused). Which would be better 1 switch forward or flyback? Am...
  16. Z

PGA2311 Digitally controlled pre-amp

I am about to embark on a project using microchip controller and PGA2311 as a pre-amp. Am waiting for these to arrive: PGA2311 ic, HD44780 LCD, Rotary encoders, some 16F628 A to start playing with and mess around with things and some 16F877 soon to be purchased. Still deciding about Hi-tech C or...
  17. Z

2 Way active powered loudspeaker inspired from studio monitors

Hi everyone i'd like to detail a project that i've built here. It took me some great deal of time to put it all together, tune measure and get it to work since i have built it from scratch. Call it the zeus speaker if you want lol. It was inspired from studio monitors though my drivers are not...
  18. Z

Drive signal issues with half bridge

Hi I am trying to build the following SMPS, half bride based on TL494 and with isolated gate drive. Its targetted for ~150W operation +-35V OP: .Please NOTE: the gate turn off transisors are 2SA733 in reality i used those bc just for drawing . I have steps on my gate drive waveforms: and i...