1000w smps based on LUDO3232

nazirdigi

hi silvio.
what is the benefit in high frequency (100khz) and low frequency(35khz), how i choose what frequency rate? which part?

Silvio

If you put a bigger core you get more power from it. The higher the frequency used the higher the power the core can give you, but there will also be more switching losses in the switching transistors and also in the output diodes.The more power you absorb the better the switching transistors have to be or you can parallel two or more mosfets for more power.

If you want to know more you better start reading some books about switching power supplies. You can read power supply cookbook from Marty brown for example.

Regards Silvio

behrad

hi mr silvio
in private message you said me you did not see my schematic pic
I meant from capacitor 680uf
in bottom pic
can i use 2*680uf 200v as follows
9999.jpg
and what is number 5 piece in bottom pic?
8888.jpg
and does has this smps overload and s/c protection?
respectfully

Silvio

hi mr silvio
in private message you said me you did not see my schematic pic
I meant from capacitor 680uf
in bottom pic
can i use 2*680uf 200v as follows
View attachment 6314
and what is number 5 piece in bottom pic?
View attachment 6315
and does has this smps overload and s/c protection?
respectfully

Input capacitors, You will need at least 1Uf per watt of load so for 1000 watts you will need 2 cap 470uf X 400v or 4 cap 1000uf X 200v. Using 2 X 680uf X 200v will be too small. When you hook up 2 caps in series the voltage rating will double but the capacitance is half. In your case you will have only 340uf X 400 volts
No 5 on the component schematic is a small switching supply providing 15vdc (aux supply)
Yes the smps has short circuit protection.

If you look for Ludo 3232 smps on this website it is more easy to build and you will find parts for it. I built my on what I had in my junk box.

Regards Silvio

Silvio

Iron powder material . You can find one from an old switching psu. This is called a common mode choke

Regards Silvio

Silvio

Oh alright that is the timing resistor and the capacitor near it. Practically both values of capacitor and resistor will give the same timing of around one second to latch the relay. If you observe closely one has 220k resistor and 2.2uf and the other has 100k resistor and double the capacitance 4.7uf.

Choose whatever you want.

Regards Silvio

behrad

Mr silvio
What is instruction for wire winding etd49 core?
Please explain fully
Thanks

Last edited:

Silvio

1) What is the peak (Maximum) voltage your amplifier can take?
2) What is your mains input voltage?
3) What is the core material of your trafo example ferrox cube 3C90, Epcos N27 or 87 etc

Answer me on the questions above and I will tell you what number of turns and wire gauge you need and also the sequence how to wind it

Regards Silvio

Last edited:

behrad

mr silvio
1:maximum voltage is +/-52v for my amplis
2:input voltage is 230-240v ac
3:i have edt49 but i dont know its core material::SD
this is my trafo pics:
IMAG0031.jpg
IMAG0032.jpg

Silvio

Those are snubbers and they are used to suppress any ringing during switch off of the fets while in operation

Silvio

Transformer winding sequence

Transformer calculations

frequency 60Khz B= 1400 guass input voltage 230v AC transformer ETD49
copper wire 0.5mm

Primary 22 turns Secondary 7 turns (7.2v per turn)
Peak output voltage 50.9 volts each rail at 230 volts
Output capacitance 4000 uf per rail (4 X 1000uf)
output inductor 1.5 uH per rail ( 5.5 turns enameled copper wire 1.5mm dia on 10mm ferrite rod 30mm long)
Maximum current at output 12A @ 84volts = 1000W

Copper wire primary:---5 wires 0.5mm twisted together (2.8 meters long) approx
copper wire secondary:---8 wires 0.5mm (2 bundles 4wires twisted together ) (3.5mts long) approx
Margin tape = 5mm on each side for primary and secondary

Winding sequence

make 5mm wide margin tape on each side of bobbin (about 2mm high)

1/2 primary 11 turns ( leave the extra wire on the side to wind the second half with it)
3 layers of Mylar tape (cover the whole width of the bobbin with tape)

Make 5mm margin tape on each side of bobbin
1/2 secondary 7 turns ( start from center tap and leave around 100mm of wire outside bobbin) put 2 bundles of 4 twisted wires side by side and wind together.
2 layers of mylar tape
make 5mm margin
1/2 secondary 7 turns ( same as above)
3 layers of mylar tape to cover whole width of bobbin
make 5mm margin tape
Half Primary Take the rest of the wire of the primary and wind the rest of the 11 turns.
3 layers of mylar tape

Auxiliary windings
calculate at 7volts per turn so for 21volts = 3turns and for 14volts = 2 turns,
If you want a double winding then put 2 wires 0.5mm together and start from center tap and wind the turns needed then put the ends on each pin.
3 layers of Mylar tape

IMPORTANT Please follow the instructions carefully and use suitable tapes suggested for a safe transformer
You have to put sleeving at the ends of each wire.
Take a look at the video on youtube and follow the instructions there The video is called winding small transformers for smps (By Silvio) you will take good advice how to wind a good transformer.

Regards Silvio

IMG_0780[1].JPGIMG_0781[1].JPGIMG_0783[1].JPG

behrad

wowwwwwwwwww!!!
your description is very excellent and clear and perfect
very very thanks mr silvio:w)

Silvio

@ Behrad

Please make a small correction to the data above.

wire for primary is to be 2 bundles 0.5mm X 3 wires (2 bundles of 3 wires each twisted) 6 wires in all

Margin width is to be 3mm on each side

This will be better for current handling in the primary winding. Also 3 wires place themselves better when twisted together

Regards, Silvio

nazirdigi

hi silvio.
i am using ee55 core.
input 220v.
can u tell me how many turns for 150vdc dual supply ?
what gauge wire?
in ur video u wound primary twisted, and secondary not twisted. in 57 post u mention primary and secondary twisted. why?