6KW class D

kiakiaka

I like this chip and the concept,thats why i puted it here for discussion.They r offering solutions with external frequency clock or with internal clock which is not constant.I would like to hear what u guys think which solution is better and why.PCB and everything else is not a problem to make but some discussion can be very usefull before that.

stewin

What are you talking about? 2092 can withstand 200V single or +/-100V supply , but due to pumping and other factors , the safe operating is +/-85V .
So with and ideal PSU of +/-85V you can get not more than 1800W on 2Ohm load.:D

P=U*U/2/2Ohm =85*85/2/2= 1806Watts

if you bridge it will work o.k like 4kwts at 4ohms at +/-85v

Dimonis

if you bridge it will work o.k like 4kwts at 4ohms at +/-85v

Again P=U*U*2/4Ohm = 85*85*2/4= 3612 Watts and this calculation doesn't include losses on mosfets , output inductors . And the supply must be an ideal voltage source of +/- 85V.

So in reality for this BTL 2500W 4Ohm is a good result.

ILTON

Hello Friends
Someone already built the amplifier 6k?
he would have the same good results?
Would like your opinions
I'm waiting for your opinions
and when respondelas'll do in Proteus PCB and post here
thank you very much

ILTON

Ok Dimones you have any suggestions of a Class D amplifier with good power so I can build? since I've been taking a look with the DIYs, amplifiers and other Argentine friends. further documentation incopletas have or are not trustworthy. I say this only remembering the large power amplifiers class d. I know that DIY is even more so just wanted to post something more complete and with good knowledge here in Brazil with parts really easy and very good thank you friends

Malmir

Again P=U*U*2/4Ohm = 85*85*2/4= 3612 Watts and this calculation doesn't include losses on mosfets , output inductors . And the supply must be an ideal voltage source of +/- 85V.

So in reality for this BTL 2500W 4Ohm is a good result.

Did i miss something here ?
P = U*U/R = 85*85/4. In Bridge You have double supply voltage =>
P = U*2*U*2/4 = U*U = 7225
From where do You get Your "2" and why only 1 time ???

Dimonis

I'm calculating RMS power.
85V - is peek (amplitude) voltage . RMS - 85/1.41=60.3V.
In bridge mode the supply doubles , so we have 120.6 RMS voltage on load.
120×120/4=3600W

Malmir

Then lets feet the FETs with +/- 255V :)or near that. That should be possible for the 4kW only +255 if bridged :).