Bridge Chipamp based on TDA2050 60W

Lira

Hi,
This time I drawed a bridge circuit for the TDA2050.
Carefull on building this circuit, the ICs get a little warm even without signal, so, before you start testing, mount it in a heatsink. Every bridge configuration using tda20xx gets a little warm without signal, so, thats quite normal.
The power and quality is good (Not great, just good), but its the best you can take on a 16v 0v 16v transformer. Built to be cheap!

Hope you like it

All the best

Lira

DIYSMPS

Attachments

• TDA2050Bridge.jpg
    TDA2050Bridge.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 319
  • TDA2050Bridge_Cooper.pdf
    8.7 KB · Views: 299
  • TDA2050Bridge_Silk.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

Cheopps

Old thread but simply had to reply.

some 10 years ago I played with those chips alot. The heating issue may be caused by self oscillation. Those chips tend to do it. You could try to modify output zobel network or limit input bandwith. For 4 ohm applications I have tried current boosting circuitry with additional transistors. Schematic can be found here:
http://album.ee/node/17065204/50126920

The transistors can be whatever power BJT, MOSFETs or even IGBTs(if one can find P IGBTs). R3 needs to be changed only for proper current. It has to be calculated so, that the chip current is equal to transistor current.

Lira

Old thread but simply had to reply.

some 10 years ago I played with those chips alot. The heating issue may be caused by self oscillation. Those chips tend to do it. You could try to modify output zobel network or limit input bandwith. For 4 ohm applications I have tried current boosting circuitry with additional transistors. Schematic can be found here:
http://album.ee/node/17065204/50126920

The transistors can be whatever power BJT, MOSFETs or even IGBTs(if one can find P IGBTs). R3 needs to be changed only for proper current. It has to be calculated so, that the chip current is equal to transistor current.

How do you calculate the R3 resistor?

Thanks for your attention.

nickb

Measure all the voltages on your board and write them on your schematic and post (insert Image on the toolbar) so we can see it.

Standing by!

Lira

Hi, i´m here to help too! I have a couple of this boards on an amplifier at my workshop. Post a cooper side picture, and detail all the problems that you have. By the way, you will need a good heatsink on it, because those tdas tend to operate very hot in this configuration. And there is a bridge on the underside of the capacitor on the right. I can´t see it on your picture, but check that bridge.

Looking forward for your return

Best Regards

Lira

marcopi99

Hi, i've made this circuit but the volume is very low and i hardly hear the music. Can you help me?I used at input a 2.2 uF electrolytic capacitor.Thanks.

Lira

This amplifier is not stable on todays ics, all thanks to counterfeit parts!

I put a resistor of 2.9ohm instead of 2.2ohm, because that by 2.2ohm was burned and I had no other 2.2 ohms

From what i see on this amplifier, the schematic is a copy from the tda2030 datasheet with the modifications suggested on the datasheet for tda2050. I built a couple of this amplifiers, the sound is OK, but the ics gets too hot. I´m using a 12V 0 12V 5A transformer that gives for about 18V 0 -18V DC. I just don't build this amplifier anymore because none of the TDA2050 available today is original, they just burn too easy. In the ST homepage the datasheet is marked as obsolete, so all new tda2050 available parts are counterfeit, it's very rare to see an original today. My advice is to not build this amplifier unless you have a good heatsink and original TDA's, For now just stick with the single version as they work ok on most counterfeit parts.