Calculation programs for transformers and inductors

AndrewT

How do I get the software to start?

I click on "excellentIT(7100).rar"
I get a quick flash of a half screen sized box that instantly fades away.

AndrewT

But I can't get that far.
I have 7 zip installed.
But no file to extract from.

I click on the link:
excellentIT(7100).rar

and the dialog box, or whatever, that appears very briefly leaves no time to read what has been said or asked.
There is no file in the browser download list.
Normally I can select from the download list and then I can extract from the rar.

AndrewT

I have changed Browser.
The download has the file there.
But the box still disappears before I can read it.

aharon.fin

Hello all….
I am using the Excellent IT 7300 program for push-pull transformer trying to boost from 12V to 100V.
I am trying to add new core FERROXCUBE - E14/3.5/5/R-3F4 - FERRITE PLANAR CORE
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1595808.pdf
I get a fult screen that warning about fill factor above 0.3.Excellent IT 7300 program for push-pull transformer.jpg
How can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Aharon

Approximate rated transformer power believe is 3.3 watts, and you want to get 10 watts. It requires a much larger core size.
You got Winding fill fastor 0,995. Such an amount of wire will not fit in the core.

posted a corrected version FlybackRing(3100).rar.
the error was detected, associated with the number of rings in the stack.

Attachments

• FlybackRing(3100).rar
    197.4 KB · Views: 449

kees54

kees57
I have download the excelent IT program, but I need also the 3C90 grade core without gap,
I do see only N87.

Can I input this for the 71/33/32 3C90 core.

Thanks.

kees54

kees57
I have download the excelent IT program, but I need also the 3C90 grade core without gap,
I do see only N87.

Can I input this for the 71/33/32 3C90 core.

Thanks.

I have found out how to use it, only for my work (a smps supply for a hybrid amp) I need a extra
output supply setting, software go to 5 voltages, I need 6 because of tube filament voltage.

so I need 2 x 60v 10 amp, 2 x 110v 0.2 amp 1 x 300v 0.050 a 0.1 amp and 1 x 6.3 volts 2.5 amp.

I can do make 2 x 60 volts 1 x 120 volts with middle tap or just write one outcome on paper and
make a the calculation for the filament voltage after that.

Nice software, this need support.

I go do some play with powersim, so I can get more understanding how it works and get used to it,
smps is not play tool, it can kill and or even exploding parts.

greetz.

kees54

kees57

Hi Yes sorry I had a old version I did download these and I now also now how to put in new cores.

Thanks for reaction, I can go on now with a weld inverter, I do try out in
sim first, full bridge, fase shift zero voltage (less switch losses), forward (most used and easy with the modern big igbt who get faster every day).

regards

kees

Last edited:

kees54

kees57
Dimonis, thank you for this answer.

Your welcome.

Poweresim is also nice, give a complete schematic so I can get inspiration, and together with yours trafo calculator it wil give some start.

Only one extra output voltage calculation was fine, because I go also try smps for my high end amps, and need 6 differend voltages
your software has 5, I do not now things change when I calc first 5 and after that another one extra.

regards