Calculation programs for transformers and inductors

aprendiz1

Hi Starichok51,
thanks for sharing your program looks very interesting and easy to use. I am new to these things but initiate a draft switching power supply for this purpose has used one UC384x to 75 khz. (sorry I'm using google translator).
regards

kees54

kees57
I have some calculators like the russian resonant calculator but it give error dinney.txt and some russian and it exits.

regards

kees

at the personal request of one user put all the programs in ZIP format.
program FlybackZCS laid out for the first time. it is intended for circuits on transistors (sample - in menu) or for circuits with a detector of zero current (such as the TDA 4605).

Attachments

• Booster(5100).zip
    246.9 KB · Views: 410
  • BoosterRing(2200).zip
    225.8 KB · Views: 379
  • ExcellentIT(7300).zip
    263.7 KB · Views: 487
  • Flyback(6200).zip
    499.2 KB · Views: 472
  • FlybackRing(3100).zip
    233.3 KB · Views: 402
  • FlybackZCS(2000).zip
    521.4 KB · Views: 497
  • Forward(3000).zip
    251.9 KB · Views: 397
  • Inductor(5200).zip
    241.2 KB · Views: 414
  • InductorRing(4200).zip
    220.7 KB · Views: 422

phaedrus

Thanks Straichok.
Can anyone suggest if can use this software for amorphous C core? I want to make transformer for single switch forward step up converter.
Input Voltage 80V~800V,Output 5kV to 35kV.Power will be about 10W (guesstimate).
Cheers.

Last edited:

wally7856

The formula for transformer turns only cares about primary voltage, Gauss level, frequency, and Ae area of core leg. The MFG of the amorphous core would provide the Ae in mm^2 or CM^2.

I do not believe that a forward converter is the correct topology for this application. I think a flyback is a much better choice. The keywords to search for is "flyback wide input".

Here is one example of a wide input flyback 80 to 800v.

Attachments

• flyback wide range input TI LM5022 snvr025.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 224

stewin

Hi Starichok51 can your program calculate this high power fly back conveter and the single rectification of one diode at the secondary output??

Attachments

• a labgruppen-fp3400-power-amplifier-service-manual_047-Optimized.jpg
    a labgruppen-fp3400-power-amplifier-service-manual_047-Optimized.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 252

Jagd.Panther

Hi Stewin, what is the point of having few kW's flyback? surely you wont need a choke but still peak currents and current ripple would be very high (comparing to a full brigde, for example) so you have to have a lot of caps. Go with two switch forward, it's one of the bullet proof topology out there for high power SMPS's (often used in welders).

BTW what are you planning to supply with that flyback?

stewin

Hi Stewin, what is the point of having few kW's flyback? surely you wont need a choke but still peak currents and current ripple would be very high (comparing to a full brigde, for example) so you have to have a lot of caps. Go with two switch forward, it's one of the bullet proof topology out there for high power SMPS's (often used in welders).

BTW what are you planning to supply with that flyback?

i was planning to use in class d fullbridge at +/-90 with a 2ohm load

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Transformer Calculations

I wanted to try the (ExcellentIT) software today, but I got strange results, I think I am doing something wrong maybe.

See attached image taken for help.

I am calculating for a half bridge converter, running at 71KHz

I am not sure about the secondary winding turns, I am confused.

it is showing a 13 Turns for primary?

and 11+11 for secondary?

I hope that the designer can give more explanation.

Thanks

Attachments

• ETD-39.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 233

obiwan

Question about excellent 7100 program

Good day ! I am designing a 2 switch forward converter.
Should I use Full Bridge or Half bridge calculation in your program ?
Thank you very much Sir.
I enjoy using your programs !
Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina

this will depend on the required power Converter.
if the power is less than 1000W, you can use a half bridge, and if more than 1000W, be sure to use the full bridge.

obiwan

this will depend on the required power Converter.
if the power is less than 1000W, you can use a half bridge, and if more than 1000W, be sure to use the full bridge.

This is a small converter, 50 Watts at all, with 4 secondaries.
I am sorry, please forgive my inexperience, but this is a 2 MOSFET's forward converter + 2 diodes
If I use the Half bridge option of the program, the primary winding will have half the turns of the Full bridge option.
The question is which of the program's option should I choose for this topology and 50 Watt output power.

Thank you

Attachments

• Captura_95.jpg
    Captura_95.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 101

obiwan

for 50 Watts it is enough to choose a flyback Converter.
or half-bridge.
forward converter at such low power not to use.

I am sorry Starichok51 and thank you.I need to use this topology. I don't have any cost issues.
Could you explain why ? I can't see the reason.
My question is about the calculation of the transformer, if Half or Full bridge is considered.
Thank you.

Your picture shows the Forward Converter.
this topology can't be half-bridge or full bridge.
this topology s calculated in my program Forward.