Car Amplifier Power Supply

hot_but2cool

I am actually having Two amplifiers sitting at my house 1) Infinity Kappa One and 2)Kicker ZX1000.1 . Both of these amplifiers are Car Audio amplifiers and I am trying to power ONE of them at my home. The Kappa One is 800Rms Output and needs a Input of 8 - 16volt DC with max current consumption of 76 Ampere and I want to power it on the mains.Here in India the voltage on the home line(mains) is 220-240volts AC.I am looking for a SMPS that would convert 220V AC to DC 8-15 Volts with 100Ampere or more. I came across the wielding inverter that MicrosiM suggested in Power Supply 13.8V thread...http://danyk.wz.cz/svar_en.html....Can it solve my purpose ? and secondly these amps will trigger the protection circuit if the voltage is more than 16V DC.So I need a constant voltage of 12-16V at 100A load?.For this purpose the wielding inverter has a potentiometer but still I am not sure which type of power supply would be suitable for this type of car amplifier.

I have basic knowledge of Electronics.But I am new to Power Supply and its Topologies/Designs.If the wielding inverter is applicable,I would like to start constructing it under someones guidance.
Thanks

Last edited: