class h 3 tier 2ohms stable

stewin

hi all i am starting this thread because i want a simple powerfull,stable,silent, effecient i.e low heat amp like td class amplifier.
apex class h has been a real inspiration .

The reason i chose 3 tier .is because of the output capabilities , also i make my own smps power supplies . so three power stages power supply is not an issue . i wanted to use +/-45,90,135vlts also 4 pairs of c3856 and a1492

i am open to use transistor version step , but i do not have the schematics . the ones i have are using lm 311 or tl084

any contribution is highly welcomed. let us build this monster

gtG apex h 900 smd 3steps schematics.jpgforum.vegalab.ru  V.2013 storey PRO-amplifier in the class H pg 11 3 ?????.GIF

stewin

thanks ravpeet for reply. i would like to use ir2117 because it is the best in h switching but its price and availability is the issue .

please post lm311 three steps scheme and not llike qsc where collectors are linked to ground.

Silvio

Hi Stewin did you try to look at Aliexpress for the availability of the IR2117. They are selling at $1.5 for 5 pieces and free shipping.

Silvio

Yes quite a lot of times. Be a bit careful but don't go for the cheapest as at times they tend to be fakes.
Items that are mentioned good quality or genuine etc. Go for these items. They have a way as the seller only get paid by Aliexpress when you receive the items and you confirm that you received them. You also have to rate the product and say if it was good value for money or not etc giving them stars. If you are not satisfied with the product you can open a dispute and get your money back. They are very careful that the customer is satisfied and they try hard to get 5 stars. If they are careless they will be kicked out of Aliexpress. There is a lot of electronic items you can buy with a very good price. It is worth a try.
I got mosfets, chips , ferrite cores, capacitors and all sorts of things. I use my Visa card to pay with.
You can try to purchase something which does not cost much for a first try and see how it goes. Usually you have to wait around 3 or 4 weeks for the items to arrive.

Go on Aliexpress and see for yourself

Regards Silvio

Last edited:

ravs

hi all i am starting this thread because i want a simple powerfull,stable,silent, effecient i.e low heat amp like td class amplifier.
apex class h has been a real inspiration .

The reason i chose 3 tier .is because of the output capabilities , also i make my own smps power supplies . so three power stages power supply is not an issue . i wanted to use +/-45,90,135vlts also 4 pairs of c3856 and a1492

i am open to use transistor version step , but i do not have the schematics . the ones i have are using lm 311 or tl084

any contribution is highly welcomed. let us build this monster

View attachment 6258View attachment 6259

hi stewin,

hope this helps only difference is collector used as ouput.

best regards

ravs........

Attachments

• class h discrete.pdf
    772.1 KB · Views: 653

stewin

Hello Steven
greetings build HD3600 MK4 HD CLASS much simpler to DIY

warm regards
Andrew

hi andrew . thanks for your quick reply , do you have the pcb files and schematic of the 3600 amp .

also where can i get the heat sinks at a good price??

stewin

:) hi all i have settled on discreet mosfet driver using mmbt 3904&4403 as gdt, and three pairs output bjt.
on the two tier version. the three tier one i will use lm 311 . :afro:my choices are based on availabillity of materials.

it shall be a two tier class h, the voltage maxx shall be +/-45 , 90 vlt dc
the fets i will use either irf ,z44,z46,z48, 1010, 1407 e.t.c

please all check if there is any errors on schematic or what can be improved to the schematic. thanking you all in advance diy stewin ;)

Attachments

• gtG apex h 900 smd lp.zip
    483.1 KB · Views: 153
  • gtG apex h 900 smd lp.jpg
    gtG apex h 900 smd lp.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 128
  • gtG apex h 900 smd lp.pdf
    147.7 KB · Views: 185

stewin

hi all crew , i saw apex td/hd 1800 and wanted to go the td/hd way, until the output graph measures were posted :ambivalence:::SD
i remembered stability issues i faced with hi voltage class d amps +/-40v to +/-85v (except the class d 200 watts using two mosfets which is a very stable amp like a class ab http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?237-Class-D-200-Wrms-with-2-mosfet-cheap/page37 )

so i settled with lm311 as gate drivers thanks to wg-ski of diy audio , so all files are below have fun all:cool:

the board still working on the layoutwiz:;

Attachments

• gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 amp section - Copy.jpg
    gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 amp section - Copy.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 93
  • gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 h switching section.jpg
    gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 h switching section.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 89
  • gtG apex h 3tier1800 smd lm311 h layout.jpg
    gtG apex h 3tier1800 smd lm311 h layout.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 82
  • gtG apex h 900 smd lm311.zip