Dx Blame Supercharged MKIII (three)

meanman64

Come on people take your change to build an exelent amplifier with suberb sonics.Easy to build and thoroughly tested for me one of my favorite amps.Carlos his amp designs together with Alexmm layout skils top combination.If you want one go to the groupsbuy section join the train of good sonics

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I want you!

Are you a layout designer...the "Corporation" wants you!

regards,

Carlos[video=youtube;ujzSR6iL3Hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujzSR6iL3Hk[/video]

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
About circuit boards

regards,

Carlos[video=youtube;-Ck1A5xnNSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ck1A5xnNSg[/video]

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Revised images to allow you to produce your boards at home.

There are two options...one to use an "L" bracket.... and other one is a smaller board to save space.. in that one transistors goes stand soldered in the board borders.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MK III HX ALL.pdf
    143.1 KB · Views: 361
  • DX MK III HX COPPER 2 BOTTOM VIEW.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 265
  • DX MK III HX COPPER 2 TOP VIEW.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 255

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Now the second option.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MK III HX B ALL.pdf
    177 KB · Views: 337
  • DX MK III HX B COPPER TOP VIEW.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 240
  • DX MK III HX B COPPER BOTTOM VIEW.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 245

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Here you see one and other option...smaller boards without "L" adaptor and bigger

board using the " L " shape adaptor.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX_Blame_MKIII_large_boards_dual_mono.jpg
    DX_Blame_MKIII_large_boards_dual_mono.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DX_Blame_MKIII_slim_boards.jpg
    DX_Blame_MKIII_slim_boards.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 69

neeraj

There are two options...one to use an "L" bracket.... and other one is a smaller board to save space.. in that one transistors goes stand soldered in the board borders.

regards,

Carlos

Hi Sir carlos,:w)
Will Love to build one & go with option A. :)
Will you please guide me that what should be the recommended copper thickness for a self etched board as the current is high.
70 Micron or More?
kindly reply.

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
If you will make boards in your home..then here you have the file

I know nothing about board thickness.

I am not the one makes boards...i have not knowledge about.

I do not know about dimensions...ask please Meanman in the MKIII-Hx group buy.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• AMP DX MK III PCB BOTTOM.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 262

meanman64

Hi Sir carlos,:w)
Will Love to build one & go with option A. :)
Will you please guide me that what should be the recommended copper thickness for a self etched board as the current is high.
70 Micron or More?
kindly reply.

Use at least 70µm copper or more

neeraj

I know nothing about board thickness.

I am not the one makes boards...i have not knowledge about.

I do not know about dimensions...ask please Meanman in the MKIII-Hx group buy.

regards,

Carlos

Thank You Sir Carlos. :)

Got my answer from Meanman.:UP: "Use at least 70µm copper or more"

thanks again :)

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
What is this Meanman?....is this our board?..i could not see my name on it

FUSES TO EACH CHANNEL – MKIII-Hx

- If you will use your amplifier with 8 ohms speaker, then use 3A to each rail and 6A in series with the speaker

- If you will use your amplifier with 4 ohms speaker, then use 6A to each rail and 12A in series with your speaker

- If you will use your amplifier with 2 ohms speaker, then use 10A to each rail and 20A in series with your speaker

You will see electrolitic condensers mounted into the board....they are there as power supply auxiliary filters...also they are there to avoid the board to be too much empty....they are not the power supply, they are auxiliary and complementary units.

Of course you will need high power bridge rectifier and much more condensers as filters ... and also you will have the need to prepare your power supply board.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Power 2 specification.jpg
    Power 2 specification.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Power specifications 1.jpg
    Power specifications 1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

meanman64

FUSES TO EACH CHANNEL – MKIII-Hx

- If you will use your amplifier with 8 ohms speaker, then use 3A to each rail and 6A in series with the speaker

- If you will use your amplifier with 4 ohms speaker, then use 6A to each rail and 12A in series with your speaker

- If you will use your amplifier with 2 ohms speaker, then use 10A to each rail and 20A in series with your speaker

You will see electrolitic condensers mounted into the board....they are there as power supply auxiliary filters...also they are there to avoid the board to be too much empty....they are not the power supply, they are auxiliary and complementary units.

Of course you will need high power bridge rectifier and much more condensers as filters ... and also you will have the need to prepare your power supply board.

regards,

Carlos

No Carlos that only for ilustration how you can make the copper traces more reliable for high currents

neeraj

No Carlos that only for ilustration how you can make the copper traces more reliable for high currents

Hi Meanman,
Would like to thank you for your Every support & guidance.:)
Is it a copper wire used as "de-soldring wick"?
or anything else kindly confirm.

Thanks & regards
Neeraj

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Instructions about adjustment to your Dx Blame MKIII-Hx

I am uploading video about...but here you have some images attached.

A new updated schematic is attached too, the 8K2 resistance was removed, as it was there to adjust off set only...in the reality it does not belongs to the schematic...some guys may use if needed, others will not.

When differential pair has matched transistors we do not have huge off set.... manufacturers accept off set up to 25 milivolts...and 300 milivolts of off set (huge one) represents only 11 miliwatts (0.011W) and this is nothing, or half of anything..will not move your speaker, will not harm your amplifier, will not produce sound when you power your amplifier on..so..do not worry.....BUT..if you want, you can fix and images shows how to do that.

You will see that Miller capacitor, the compensation one is 56 pf in the schematic....not correct, this is for future tuning and i will have to show you a safe way to do that without destroy your power output transistors...use 180pf as before.

Bias transistor can be anyone you find in your junk box...the plastic ones (material that has plasticity, not real plastic) are insulated and does not need washer, insulator and all that stuff is absent..not needed for them..so, it is more better..... transistor there will face (bias circuit) a few miliamperes and 2.2 volts..power there is very small..also voltage there is 2.2 volts as i said.... any transistor will fit...BUT.... each transistor has it's proper gain..so, the base to emitter resistance network should need adjustments in order to achieve the correct bias for this transistor that will supply 2.2 volts to bias the drivers and output trainees.

Bias point, or bias current, suggested, must be very low..in order to keep heatsinks cool while in stand by mode.... 1 milivolt measured as voltage drop across the power emitter resistances is all you need...of course you can change this in order to follow your ideas and beliefs....it is up to you..but you gonna be responsible for that..not uncle charlie.

The bias transistor is also a thermal compensating device...when heatsinks goes hot, then this transistor goes hot too..when it is hot its internal resistance drops down.... so, the previous 2.2 volts adjusted (from coletor to emitter) will be no more 2.2 volts..it will reduce...in the reality, when hot, your amplifier will show you much more current in stand by mode..and bias transistor will help to control that for you ..please, do not adjust your amplifier while hot..because when it return to a cool operation it will be underbiased or will have output transistors off, operating as class B, and this distorts low level signals.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Carlos
[video]I am uploading video about...but here you have some images attached. A new updated schematic is attached too, the 8K2 resistance was removed, as it was there to adjust off set only...in the reality it does not belongs to the schematic...some guys may use if needed, others will not. When differential pair has matched transistors we do not have huge off set.... manufacturers accept off set up to 25 milivolts...and 300 milivolts of off set (huge one) represents only 11 miliwatts (0.011W) and this is nothing, or half of anything..will not move your speaker, will not harm your amplifier, will not produce sound when you power your amplifier on..so..do not worry.....BUT..if you want, you can fix and images shows how to do that. You will see that Miller capacitor, the compensation one is 56 pf in the schematic....not correct, this is for future tuning and i will have to show you a safe way to do that without destroy your power output transistors...use 180pf as before. Bias transistor can be anyone you find in your junk box...the plastic ones (material that has plasticity, not real plastic) are insulated and does not need washer, insulator and all that stuff is absent..not needed for them..so, it is more better..... transistor there will face (bias circuit) a few miliamperes and 2.2 volts..power there is very small..also voltage there is 2.2 volts as i said.... any transistor will fit...BUT.... each transistor has it's proper gain..so, the base to emitter resistance network should need adjustments in order to achieve the correct bias for this transistor that will supply 2.2 volts to bias the drivers and output trainees. Bias point, or bias current, suggested, must be very low..in order to keep heatsinks cool while in stand by mode.... 1 milivolt measured as voltage drop across the power emitter resistances is all you need...of course you can change this in order to follow your ideas and beliefs....it is up to you..but you gonna be responsible for that..not uncle charlie. The bias transistor is also a thermal compensating device...when heatsinks goes hot, then this transistor goes hot too..when it is hot its internal resistance drops down.... so, the previous 2.2 volts adjusted (from coletor to emitter) will be no more 2.2 volts..it will reduce...in the reality, when hot, your amplifier will show you much more current in stand by mode..and bias transistor will help to control that for you ..please, do not adjust your amplifier while hot..because when it return to a cool operation it will be underbiased or will have output transistors off, operating as class B, and this distorts low level signals. I hope this helps. regards, Carlos [/video]

Attachments

• Bias transistor.... BD139 in place.jpg
    Bias transistor.... BD139 in place.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Off set adjustment resistor.jpg
    Off set adjustment resistor.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 66
  • MJE15030.jpg
    MJE15030.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Stand by current set up for monitoring and adjustment.jpg
    Stand by current set up for monitoring and adjustment.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 61

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
A complementary text about adjustments

You need huge..really huge heatsinks... this amplifier can reach one kilowatt (distorting as a crazy *** barking)..but it can go to that power during audio peaks and transients while using 2 ohms loads.... this will produce a lot of heat...if you do not have huge heatsinks the thermal compensation will not make miracles..will be unable to fix that wrong sittuation about heatsinks.... you will have thermal avalanche and your output transistor will be destroyed.

1000 watts in my mind represents a heatsink that is equivalent (area exposed to the air) to 100 (yes, a hundred) aluminium blades measuring 10 bv 10 centimeters.... this is for continuous power at 30 degrees celsius environment temperature..if heatsink is in the correct position and outside the enclosure (not obstructed)..this is for continuous.... to music (average) you can have a 2 kilowatt audio amplifier using this heatsink (100 blades one)

You have to produce your supply..use industrial heatsinks...the huge ones..for 30 amperes to each channel.... i have not suggested series coils..because will be hard to use them with the current we gonna drain...better not to use them..will be a hell on earth..they will overheat and will burn your board and will result in voltage drop there because resistance, even small, is something enougth to drop some volts because of huge current crossing it.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
New updated schematic.

Attached,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame MKIII-Hx updated July, 28th - 2011.pdf
    109.6 KB · Views: 362

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Video is here

Attached,

regards,

Carlos[video=youtube;Og-HtewlxkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og-HtewlxkE[/video]