Dx Blame Supercharged MKIII (three)

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Yes Meanman.... you can organize a group buy...not only here but also at www.diyaudio

Be confortable to move.... you know..you are Dx Corporation...and for a long time.

At diyaudio, seems Byron will do that in advance compared to you... as you where thinking about the Turbo.... Byron seems that will take of first but i can stop them if you want...will not be kind but i can do...you are with me since 2004..so...you are a superior friend in my soul and heart.

Byron is already asking for gerbers.... you can take off first here if you move.

Will you do?... want gerbers?

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Dear Simon... it looks have beated the Blame ST in dinamics and treble...but i am not

absolutely sure because i am a hell busy these days... i have to compare with the ST using same volume, same power, same audio source, same room and same speaker..and i have not made that.

I am busy...really, really, really busy.

It looks better...i am perceiving advantages.... well... first advantage is clear and obvious... it can tolerate difficult loads...as can be connected to 2 ohms speakers... power is an advantage if you take into your account that speakers can have deep valleys of impedance.... some 4 ohms speaker can show you 2.5 ohms in some frequency, and this becames worse when you have passive crossover with all that hell bunch of resistors, capacitors and inductor (complex load).

A big brother compared to the Dx Blame ST....you see, it combines CCS and bootstrap...and this is something new, something different..and sounds different because of that..... enhanced VAS has more protection now.... the CCS to feed differential is modified, the AC curve is flatter.... the harmonic distribution shows some advantage as we have second harmonics...and this is what people loves.

If i was in your place..i would give a try by myself...building an ugly prototype to try..soon we gonna have boards offered world wide and them you can make it pretty if you want.

I am so busy that i WOULD ASK YOU PLEASE, to build and to compare.... as you know how to do that, you have made that in the past and your video was nice.... no problems if ST beat the Hx... will never beat in specifications and in the huge construction...i do prefere the truth..... and also people will be curious to try.. even if you say ST is better, this will not kill the Hx.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Here you have layout images, and black and white ones that allow you to etch at home

So folks...you will not have it if you do not want.

If you gonna use only 8ohms..then can use two pairs in the output...if you gonna use 4 ohms, then increase to 3 pairs and them to 5 pairs if you will torture the unit.

This may save some money.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MKIII ALL TOP (2).pdf
    156.8 KB · Views: 338
  • MKIII PCB BOTTOM.pdf
    42.7 KB · Views: 256
  • DX MKIII MIRROR (2).pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 235
  • DX MKIII SILK.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 289

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Dear Meanman ... tomorrow is the dead line to MAKO business... it will be free

and we may arrange a way for you to produce it.

Wanna do that?.... have courage?

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Tests finished...now you can go!

[video=youtube;EDJiPVmieBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDJiPVmieBQ[/video]Amplifier is ready.... now it is your time folks..etch your boards and be happy.

Here a video made customized to Vargas (Mongo).... very low quality, too much distortions..camera cannot register so high levels..saturate everything.... also treble is not captured... audio is awfull, also the original is not fine.... this video is privative..only to the ones have the link.... internet will not have it..and i will delete this thing next week.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Go !.jpg
    Go !.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Tests made and now finished.jpg
    Tests made and now finished.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 30
  • MKIII-Hx test is continuous, non stop testings.jpg
    MKIII-Hx test is continuous, non stop testings.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 26

meanman64

Be confortable to move.... you know..you are Dx Corporation...and for a long time.

At diyaudio, seems Byron will do that in advance compared to you... as you where thinking about the Turbo.... Byron seems that will take of first but i can stop them if you want...will not be kind but i can do...you are with me since 2004..so...you are a superior friend in my soul and heart.

Byron is already asking for gerbers.... you can take off first here if you move.

Will you do?... want gerbers?

regards,

Carlos

Carlos you may send me the gerber files.Let Byron run the groupsbuy at DIYaudio if he needs help I'll be
there.

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Good meanman....brazilians may be interested

I will let them know you have openned a group buy.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
My vote is for Red.... but final decision is yours

a cost forecast...board price, can be obtained from this post:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...kii-mkii-supercharged-groub-buy-interest.html

Mitchel is good doing these things and i imagine price will be less than 22 USD....this is my forecast because MKIII-HX boards are bigger than MKII...i am just trying to guess, predict, to have an idea of ​​the possible price to a single (one) board ... i am trying to anticipate some posssible realistic reference value ... because something alike had happened in other purchasing groups...i am just studying possibilities.... wat do you think dear Meanman?

regards,

Carlos

meanman64

Yes ,red it will be.About prices I look it up but I think you're close.It all depends what the shipping will cost.I will make a list of ervery buyer and give them all separately the board cost and shippingcost

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Do not increase price because other foruns will have other group buys

so, if we have 10 percent overprice here to allow me, you or board designer, to have boards for free..then your price will be higher than other foruns and people will go to other foruns instead to buy from your group buy.

Sell boards by the price the manufacturer ask to you... to allow you to have good price...i do not need boards...if i decide to have boards i will enter the group buy and will order myself.

We still have people preparing themselves to open group buy in other foruns..it is almost impossible to have the same price...because price depends on features applied into the board..the kind of silk screen, the copper thickness, the masks...the board fiberglass thickness and other details...even the colour may change price..if you have golden into the board increases price too...... make it standard and cheap in order not to have people migrating from this forum to another forum.

We gonna see the interest...you should wait to complete, at least 30 guys ordering or price will be too much big.... ask manufacturer price to see if you need to collect 30 or 50 orders .... sets are constituted by 2 boards each (stereo)...so... 30 orders means 60 boards.

People should know that if we do not reach the minimum ammount, then group buy should be cancelled, because to order 20 boards will increase too much the price..... doing that people will migrate to another forum..and at least 3 foruns will have group buy..... people already presented themselves to run group buys in other places too.

Not to increase price a little bit is a need..because this forum accepts some profit...but diyaudio, for instance, does not accept..... and this will make their board cheaper... this way people will go there instead to buy from you dear Meanman.

It will be difficult to match prices.... people will use different manufacturers from different countries...also people will have different features applied into the board..so....price matching will be impossible.... do your job...make the best and cheaper you can and let's keep others run their own group buy in and independent way.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Uncle charlie have not landed in this forum using a parachute

I was there, at diyaudio forum, learning along 8 years (aprox).... and i had the best teacher someone can have...Mr. Hugh Dean from Aspen Amplifiers...the manufacturer of great AKSA amplifiers.... since i was 9 years old (51 years ago) i was building amplifiers..they used to explode as i had not knowledge enough to realise the circuit had mistakes.... i could not detect clear errors...i had not knowledge as a kid i was...but i have learned a lot..i have studied and the main advantage i had is that i have built more then 6300 amplifiers along these years...sometimes i build one and half amplifier each day...i always had time to do these things..we find time to the things we love.

Several amplifiers exploded.... more than 25 percent i think....but i have learned listening, tweaking and i have developed a science.... "force amplifiers to run.. how to do that"...also expertise in the production of Frankstein alike things..one part from Aksa, other circuit from other brand... and let they mix for sonics!

There's history.... several amplifiers built and shared in this forum...more than 600 builders and several group buys opened and 80 percent of them had more than 30 orders... some brazilian groups reached 100 orders...so..i have learned burning my fingertips.

The MKIII-Hx, is now a days the best one..the most modern ones and the result of all this long time research... you have the chance to have it...without any trick... it is cost price..the lowest price you can have for the quality offered...join us!..it is almost for free...give yourself a chance to be happy.

Of course you gonna have my support life long (well...some years more..i am old)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 20
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 26
  • gg.jpg
    gg.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 67
  • kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 17
  • cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 12
  • ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 9
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 9
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ll.jpg
    ll.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled5.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 10
  • hh.jpg
    hh.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 7
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 9
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 11

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Yes my dear...you can

Ii am watching videos...these guys in this video needs a Dx amplifier urgent.[video=youtube;BYbbk3Zguz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYbbk3Zguz8[/video]

regards,

Carlos