My new Class-D Amplifier 1250W @ 8R, 2500W @ 4R

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

Just showing a quick video of my new class-d amplifier delivering good amount of power, from a small sized module.

This is a self oscillating class-d amplifier, not using IRS2092.

This amplifier can run from any voltage range +-50VDC up to +-100VDC without any modifications.

Can run without ANY problems from an unregulated power supply, the test in the video was performed using an UNREGULATED SMPS 1200W.

Output current also shown on the Clamp Meter.

So, again showing true results.

Still have to implement the output short circuit, and it will work in LIMIT mode, not shutting down the amplifier, so (sound all the time).

[video=youtube;9BfPYL1k_ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BfPYL1k_ys[/video]

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
like ir2110 with ucd classd ??

Yes, also IRS2092 with some modifications at the output can drive 2 Ohms Load.

But to tell you the truth, I don't like to run any amplifier with 2OHMs load, that low load will stress the output devices, from my experience into the audio, I prefer to run 4 OHMs per channel.

The only amplifier I ran at 2 OHMs was the CROWN MA-5000VZ, cos it was designed for that purpose.

However, My amplifier was designed to run at 8 or 4 Ohms only, I have no interest to run at 2 Ohms, I see no point into running it at 2 Ohms. even if the power will be what so ever.

My amplifier is capable to deliver high power at High impedance, and that's a key into my amplifier, the key is not to run at @ 2 Ohms like others.

So I still believe that 1250@ 8 Ohms is something perfect!

Regards

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
could you share the PCB layout, i want to build one.. if you please

Hello

I don't have the PCB for that, also I cannot share such project. I may sell it as a module in the future, it took me 1 year to develop that D amplifier.

Regards

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
microsim what happened to this project do you sell this module or not and what is the price?

This project is on hold, as I don't have enough time to put into completing it, still needs the protection system, clip indicator.

So its on hold for now.

Thanks

Stule

do you have any module for selling in class d i need around 1000-1200 on 4r or two modules with at least 500w on 8r do you have anything like that for sell i need a smps too give me some idea so we can make something out

wbit

Dear, One question. Does it support a inductive load ? (output transformer for impedance matching)