PIC16F628A Dev board

Am evaluating and preparing schematic for a pic16F628A dev board. I will post schematic soon. Why not buy one on ebay? Below $100 its just a board with connectors and nothing on. It also takes time to build the circuit on breadbaord, then program and debug until conclusive. Anyone built any dev board before??

Dev board

Hi here is the dev board. the ic looks small but the pins are numbered according to the DIL layoutdev board.JPG. I just need to add the lcd and 5V regulated psu to the schematic

If there is a need for serial interfacing with a pc a TTL to RS232 converter has to be implemented. Am wating for mine to arrive. There are two ways use a MAx23X ic then a usb to serial adapter
or there are ic's based on CP102 and the like of ic's which can convert from USB to TTl and have drivers to emulate a virtual COM port on a pc.

Am not sure i will build this board but it was just to give it a try but am eager to build a 16F877A dev board with everything above plus micro sd on the SPI lines as well as a VS1053B (beware TQFP48!) and a serial interface.

New board version

I made a new version of the board and am building on project board. Note the level shifter for i took it from another site i have to test to check it works otherwise everything is my design. there will be dil headers on all the ic pins to allow wire connection to external circuit. I will also add 8 leds with their current limiting resistor and maybe a series pass 3.3V regulator and also an ICSP header connector. I will post pictures as it gets completed

Attachments

• 16F628A board.JPG
    16F628A board.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 42

reino11

Hello! I made my PIC dev boards using Nigel's PIC Tutorial Page. I have build most of the boards and used a lot of info from that site but have not made through all the tutorials. Most projects what I have done are based on 12f629 enyway. Enjoy

Hi thanks for the info i have completed my board a long time and did not have time to post anything here. My 16F877A is nearly ready for pcb build before i build a dspic board

Pictures of the current unit

Attached are picture of the current unit i've added a rotary encoder and a discrete TTL to USART converter which i am not using for the time being since i have a CP102 based TTL to USB USART converter board.

Attachments

• dev board.JPG
    dev board.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 27
Finished PCB + final schematic + silk top

After playing around with the board and running some projects with it i finally made a pcb for it. All info are attached. I have removed the rotary encoder off the board as well as an Ir receiver which i had placed. Given the number of microcontrollers i have i find it easier to build a seperate board with these components and re-use them with any microcontroller projectpic16F628A dev board PCB.jpgpic16F628A dev board schematic.jpgPIC16F628A PCB board silk + bottom.jpg.
The board was built with UV exposure and transparency slide