Powersoft LD3004

xisto

Hello, sorry for my English because I use a translator, I need help to repair the powersoft LD3004 amplifier which presents problems with the smps due to water damage

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, sorry for my English because I use a translator, I need help to repair the powersoft LD3004 amplifier which presents problems with the smps due to water damage

Lets start with some high quality pictures of the internals of the amplifier

xisto

Thank you for your prompt response a while ago I am trying to repair it but the lack of information has stopped me in the identification of some components. Here I show you some photos of the amplifierView attachment 7136On semi.jpg These are diodes that, due to their housing nomenclature, I cannot identify.

Attachments

• General semi.jpg
    General semi.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Silvio

Thank you for your prompt response a while ago I am trying to repair it but the lack of information has stopped me in the identification of some components. Here I show you some photos of the amplifierView attachment 7136View attachment 7138 These are diodes that, due to their housing nomenclature, I cannot identify.

It is best to acquire a schematic diagram. If the amplifier is from LD systems then you can contact Adam Hall in Germany and ask for a schematic diagram. You will have to sign a declaration that you will not share the schematics due to copyright reasons.

I had a repair once on a similar amplifier but not the same as yours and I got a schematic from him.
The mail address is mail@adamhall.com

If you need to verify the smd components then you can search on line for the smd code book. You will probably find what you need to know.

Try also here maybe you can get a schematic

Link https://www.eserviceinfo.com/fulltext.php?search_ft=Powersoft Digam LD 3004

Regards Silvio

Last edited:

xisto

It is best to acquire a schematic diagram. If the amplifier is from LD systems then you can contact Adam Hall in Germany and ask for a schematic diagram. You will have to sign a declaration that you will not share the schematics due to copyright reasons.

I had a repair once on a similar amplifier but not the same as yours and I got a schematic from him.
The mail address is mail@adamhall.com

If you need to verify the smd components then you can search on line for the smd code book. You will probably find what you need to know.

Try also here maybe you can get a schematic

Link https://www.eserviceinfo.com/fulltext.php?search_ft=Powersoft Digam LD 3004

Regards Silvio

Many thanks Silvio, I will try the first option as before examine your second recommendation without satisfactory results. If someone finds you by fabor if you have the power to send to my email engomek@gmail.com. Regards

xisto

Silvio at first option didn't work for me either. I failed to establish communication. Regards
This amplifier model uses the IR2156 + totempole as a pwm. When I checked it it had damage in the whole hot part since they insisted a lot to turn it on, aggravating the situation of the machine. Now I don't know what to do with so little information about it

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Silvio at first option didn't work for me either. I failed to establish communication. Regards
This amplifier model uses the IR2156 + totempole as a pwm. When I checked it it had damage in the whole hot part since they insisted a lot to turn it on, aggravating the situation of the machine. Now I don't know what to do with so little information about it

I think repairing this amplifier will require you to do the below

1- Determine where is the problem exactly, in the power supply section? in the amplifier section? in both?
2- Either way you have to take that heat sink off the PCB in order to see things clearly.
3- If the SMPS controller is IR2165, witch I think its not a correct part number, check the schematic for that chip, replace all the parts surrounding it
Also, replace all those damaged SMD resistors, you can get the default values from the internet or the datasheets.
4- Your first test should be WITHOUT the power mosfets, power the amplifier and see if you get regulated 380V

Idont think this is going to be an easy repair for you if you dont have a plan how to start fixing these amplifiers, I usually spend countless hours fixing them, that why I charge my customers lot of $ when repairing them

Good luck

Silvio

Hello xisto, regarding repairs on amplifiers it is always a must to put a series 100w lamp at least if you have a short circuit somewhere it will limit the current. At times a fuse is found after the bulk capacitor and the mentioned lamp should be placed there preferably. It will limit also the stored energy in the bulk capacitors.

regarding the IR2161 I am sending you the datasheet link for you to customize yourself with it

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/ir2156.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a4015355c8eb7116b8.

If it is possible try to isolate the smps if it is on a separate pcb or disconnect the feed wires feeding the amplifier stage if there are any.

Regarding the SMD components (diode) what package it holds as the picture is not that clear if it is a 2 or 3 contact device.
Like SOT32 etc.

It is advisable to trace a little bit and see if the diode mentioned is on the low voltage end or not. Usually a schottky diode will replace any diode as long as its not a zener.
The rest is to look for faulty components around the oscillator chip. The totem pole, the chip and the switching transistors.
Take a look also at the amplifier itself as there may be a faulty fet or module in the amplifier that gone bad and was the cause of blowing the smps itself. Lastly take a look at the cooling fans and if there is any the thermistors controlling them. The latter can be left for last after you get the smps and amplifier going.

Good luck Regards Silvio.

xisto

Greetings to all, Sorry for leaving you alone for so long with my problems with this repair. Which had no solution in my hands. The orders for components did not arrive on time and the owner was waiting forever since it is extremely difficult to get the spare parts in my country. Thank you very much everyone and I hope not to bring something so before you complicated how is PowerSoft

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Powersoft is the worst company in the world when it comes to technical support and service.

I have 5 (T7) amplifiers setting here, becasue that stupid company refuses to support.

Good luck