Scale able class D 1250W UCD style and Non-UCD style - PCB Ready. Tested.

paskal

Basic non ucd schematich... +-50V, IRFP250N,gate resistor 33ohm, 20uH, 1uH
Get hot after 10 minutas heatsink is small an with fan 3x3 cm heatsink is cold.
Output coil is hot (T106-2)
In feedback wih 2.2nF coil is cold but amp distord, probably slow fets, with 4.7n, coil is warm but distorsion is little bit smaller, and 6.8n amp is without distorsion but coil is hot, about 60 deegress C.

Thats why I asked what freq is with 820p, what is with 6.8n and what is with 10n!? Stewin, can you answer on it..
Because its full range sound, probably freq is above 120KHz. Am I right?
using the original component values and 820pf cap i got around 170KHz switching frequency. measured using a scope, the TL074 non-ucd have quite a bad square signal being feeded to IR2110 logic.

on the other hand, i've been testing DETEX IRS900D and it seem to be better than the tl074 non-ucd. i even managed to get to switch at 800khz stable. no excessive heat at any component. well only the 12V regulator have the most heat output.
using the original component value the irs900d have a switching frequency at 270-280khz. further testing are needed but i think it sounds better when switched at 480-500khz at there's less heat from the mosfet at that frequency.

will post more result and signal pictures tomorrow.

paskal

pascal Do you wrote about amp from site: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...00-watts-using-2-mosfets-218.html#post3116469 post #2174?
Is it working good? I don't see any protection in this amp, Is it true?
yes. that's indeed the irs900 that i'm talking about. to etch the pcb you could use the high resolution pdf that thienchay posted in this post and the overlay in this post.

take note that there is some difference between the schematic and the pcb. for the corrected pcb refer to my post in the irs900d measurement at the end of the thread.
at 280khz the input logic is square but over 400khz the logic to the high side isn't as square as it should be. i'm still trying some modification to reduce the dead time and improve the logic input.

the original schematic should be good enough as it is and there's less part count compared to the tl074 non-ucd.

paskal

quick update.
been test both the tl074 non-ucd and the irs900d. the irs900d is a bit more robust and are not as susceptible to component error. i've even got the irs900d to work with 8-9uh when the non-ucd would just go unstable with that low inductance. the irs900d could also drive more mosfet without being too picky.

maybe because of the higher switching frequency, maybe because of the better logic input. haven't tried increasing the switching frequency to the same 280khz as the irs900d yet, but the rest of the component is the same. mainly irfb5615, 27ohm gate resistor, 1n5819 gate diode, uf4007 driver diode.

as both design are more or less stable with the test voltage, i'll be feeding them the operational voltage of ~65V next. will update more about my finding later.

AutoclassA

very nice and long thread, I am tempt now to make this small and neat amplifier after reading this thread for days.

but witch PCB is correct? please guide me

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
i have correct pcb and build 3 pcs irs900D without error, with long post you need to read the entire post at least half of the page starting with irs900D, different with non ucd is IRS900D have good logic input and high efficiency module. with same supply let say +- 60vdc, irs900D can beat non ucd module at same psu.

Damanhuri

:) Greetings previous Mr. Norazmi,

I want to build a Class D Power Amplifier for Speaker 2x18inch encourage or 4x15 'inch. do you think the power class D which one suits me the raft? I have never before assembling the power class D and I really do not understand the power of this, I ask the scout to make a very good power.

I've read that you created thered but I'm still confused for the best that I want to do.

greetings.

panos123

hi guys...
i'm builting this amplifier(ucd stule)and i want to add a clip indicator circuit...
can you suggest me a circuit?
my power suplly will be 2x60 volt...

panos123

i'm trying to make the ucd style amp but i have a problem...
it's not working and i have 20 volts dc at the outpout...but when i unplug the power transformer the amplifier starts to play for some seconds with a lot of distortion....
can you help me to make my amplifier work?
instead of uf4001 i used ba158....
my power supply is 2x35 volt and it's only for testing reasons...
the voltage will be 2x60...

Last edited:

stewin

i have correct pcb and build 3 pcs irs900D without error, with long post you need to read the entire post at least half of the page starting with irs900D, different with non ucd is IRS900D have good logic input and high efficiency module. with same supply let say +- 60vdc, irs900D can beat non ucd module at same psu.

hi norazmi , how are your irs900 amps doing??

swordas

Hi, im new here and it's my first class D :) Im already etched thienchay IRS900D ,almost done soldering , but still have some question who already did this amplifier. I will use with +/-45v (later maybe up to +/-60v). I have irf540z and irf640 mosfets, t106-2 cores. I will use mur120 near ir2110 and 22ohm with 1n4148 diodes. First try with +/-28v supply, already soldered 1,5k resistors for 5,6v.
1) What frequency it use? What i found says it can be changed with 1k resistor, lowering it will make higher freq?
2) I already winded t106-2 with 1mm wire 37turns (max what was able to do in one layer). Online calculator say it will be 18,5uh .Will it be good for 4ohms speaker with 0,47uF capacitor?
3)What changes need on +/-45 and +/60V?
D_Gambar_6.jpg

swordas

Everything was fine until today, irf540z was cold (no heatsink) and worked good on 4ohms load, but now failed. After couple seconds fets become over +70C, sound like underground... Irf540z with 22ohms+ 1n4148 , T106-2 1mm 37turn+ 0,47cap Any suggestion where to search problem?