Uni-SMPS

Silvio

Hello fellows, here I am presenting my new universal SMPS. This Power supply is of half bridge topology. The reason it is called Uni-Smps is because it can be triggered with different drivers as the oscillator board is detectable with a pin header.

There is adequate space on the driver board to be adopted to work with an sg3525 with an IR2110 to drive a couple of IRF460 etc. However no space was designed for a pulse transformer.

The main board has options for different short circuit protection such as a current transformer driving an scr or transistor, or with capacitve coupling sensing the ripple voltage. It can also be adopted for a current limiter which is now improved and works far better than before on my previous smps I built.

There is also space for output inductors. The power supply uses an ETD 39 and using the IR2153 chip driving a couple of IRF740 peaked an output power of 700 watts, and 550 watts continuous. The efficiency of this power supply reached an efficiency of 92%. The main board has also a couple of other outputs 12-0-12 regulated with 7812 and 7912 to drive a pre-amplifier. Another option is that it also has an output to drive a small fan for cooling if needed. Options has been left for feedback if needed which the circuit can be built on another small pcb and put in front of the output pins. This can have a twisted pair of wires leading to the back of the pcb which can then be connected to the main oscillator board via a couple of links.

The photos below show the New SMPS and one of the pics shows the full load test with the current limiter about to trigger at 9.5 amps. The input voltage was 227vac, input current 3.52 Amps. The output voltage was 78.3 and the output current was 9.4 amps
The design voltage was 45-0-45 peak at no load. The smps is not regulated.

IMG_0584.JPGIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0586.JPGIMG_0591.JPGIMG_0569.JPG

Silvio

UNI smps trafo details

[video=youtube;_K3ixhcTYFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3ixhcTYFg[/video]

Abet

[video=youtube;_K3ixhcTYFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3ixhcTYFg[/video]

Hi Silvio,

I found this thread while scanning your other 1kw smps thread, was this project reached finalization?
I'd like to see the pdf files info If you don't mind (like your other 1kw project).

Thank you!
Albert

Silvio

Hi Albert there was another tread called uni smps so I decided to change it. I opened another tread called Audio smps 700w (IR2153) you can find the pdf there in post #13

Silvio