Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SMPS with PFC

I think I have to correct this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by res_smps View Post
    Sorry Silvio,
    With the presence of PFC, capacitor requirements can be smaller, I attach an excel file for PFC calculations (I downloaded from onsemi website) in post # 5
    I thought the PFC frequency determined the size of the capacitor, I was wrong
    from the worksheet, capacitor requirements are not determined by the PFC frequency, please check this formula (pic) below
    cbulk.jpg

*for the same power, the higher the output voltage the smaller the capacitor needs
    Last edited by res_smps; 10-11-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    *for the same power, the higher the output voltage the smaller the capacitor needs

In the pfc circuit to my believe the value of the capacitor determines the hold time at load.

Check this ( I sent you mail)

NCP1653 Spread sheet Res.pdf
    Last edited by Silvio; 10-11-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post

In the pfc circuit to my believe the value of the capacitor determines the hold time at load.

Check this ( I sent you mail)

NCP1653 Spread sheet Res.pdf
    Dear Silvio,

yes, that also true. Thank you for the file, I also previously shared it here (zip files) in post #2

please ignore the picture in post #41, there was an error
    cbulk.jpg
    cbulk value is determined from the highest results from the following 2 formulas :
    1) 10000*Pout/(0.01*Vripple*2*pi*Fac*Vout^2
    or
    2) 2000*Pout*Thold/(Vout^2-Voutmin^2)
    from the formula this parameter determines the cbulk
    1. Line frequency (Fac) 50/60Hz
    2. Pout
    3. Tholdup
    4. Vout
    5. Vripple
    Pout and Vout appear in both formula
    Last edited by res_smps; 10-11-2019 at 10:39 PM.

switchmode-uc3844-2x100v-smps-circuit-schematic.jpg Hello, i think everything is ok about power supply , there is no errors, you can see on this one ..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    switchmode-uc3844-2x100v-smps-circuit-schematic.jpg Hello, i think everything is ok about power supply , there is no errors, you can see on this one ..
    I guess you want to check the schematic for any errors correct? If that is so please post a larger image of the schematic as it is too small to see it

About this project , i checked separately every stage , NCP1653 in Data Sheet has same conections as on this schematic only inductor everywhere is 600uH, UC3845 is simple power supply, i share schematic here, connections are good , power stage with SG3525 is also ok , but, things that i dont understand, as i know , this configuration in half bridge main transformer has 13+13 turns in primary , same number of turns also here, i know that full bridge have less windings than half brigde , maybe 2 X 7.. that its not clear, also inductor 380uH vs. 600uH !? , number of turns on transformer on aux supply !? and windings on GDT !?.. PHOTO.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marshall; 12-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.

diysmps Senior Member
    hi andrew . did you manage to make your smps work succesful with the pfc? please post photos and your experience on its power.