Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Help !! SMPS Repair

  1. #1

    Help !! SMPS Repair

    Hello Friends,
    I am from India. I have a Hometheater Samsung HT-Z310 which is lying dead. Actually its SMPS (ORTP-616) has gone dead. I contacted the Service Center to CEO's Desk of Samsung India but they don't have any solution as the model has been discontinued. I tried to repair the SMPS board with the help of a electronic mechanic. On initial inspection it is found that the PWM IC FSDM0365 (it is wrongly mentioned as FSDM0356 in the schematic) was blown along with fuse and few diodes. Replaced all the faulty parts, IC FSDM0365 is not available anymore, so replaced with FSL136MR (as suggested in TI website), but still it is not working. We have checked all the secondary side and it is OK. The problem is in the primary side. Another IC i.e. KA5Q1265RF is also there which is also not available locally or online in India. I suppose it is OK. Can anybody suggest how it can be restored or any replacement available. The schematic is attached herewith, please look into it and help me to figure out the problem. Please note that the SMPS developed the problem due to heavy power fluctuations here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Hello bidya
    According to your attached file there are two smps transformer,in your supply,the small one is for standby power supply and the big one is for the power out put
    amplifer,first you have to on the standby supply which gives 4.3 to 5volt after this supply is on this will switch on the 35 volts supply so it will be better if you
    first on the standby supply, make some modification in the primary according to the available ic for the standby supply, i am an audio technician

  3. #3
    share a pic of psu

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by P.S.RAJU View Post
    Hello bidya
    According to your attached file there are two smps transformer,in your supply,the small one is for standby power supply and the big one is for the power out put
    amplifer,first you have to on the standby supply which gives 4.3 to 5volt after this supply is on this will switch on the 35 volts supply so it will be better if you
    first on the standby supply, make some modification in the primary according to the available ic for the standby supply, i am an audio technician
    Hello Sir, thanks for looking into my problem. I don't have much technical knowledge on electronics. I am trying to fix the problem with the help of a technician/mechanic. Can U please suggest what kind of modification will have to be done. The IC I am using instead of original FSDM0365 is FSL136MR. We have noticed that with FSL136MR the required current for Oscillation is not coming to the primary side of small transformer. Please help me.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    share a pic of psu
    Hello Sir, Thank U for looking into my post. I will post a pic of the SMPS this evening.

  6. #6
    the problem is main power supplys or the standby, have 5.6v ref on sec or is dead

  7. #7
    Hello bidya
    the ic fsl136 u r must be not the original one,the new ic may also be defective , one of my modification is ic no. viper 22 ,this will not fit
    directly in your pcb you have to make wiring of sourse ,drain ,feed back ,vc,for this u should have good knowlage of smps
    or,you can give the power supply to local techinician in mumbai electronic market,i know may places in mumbai ,
    are u in the electronic field

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by P.S.RAJU View Post
    Hello bidya
    the ic fsl136 u r must be not the original one,the new ic may also be defective , one of my modification is ic no. viper 22 ,this will not fit
    directly in your pcb you have to make wiring of sourse ,drain ,feed back ,vc,for this u should have good knowlage of smps
    or,you can give the power supply to local techinician in mumbai electronic market,i know may places in mumbai ,
    are u in the electronic field
    Hello Mr.Raju, thank U. I am not from Mumbai nor in the electronic field. I am from Odisha living in a small town. But, I know the general technicalities of electronic components, so I can manage the IC U r recommending. Also the technician is there with me with which I am trying to fix the problem. So, there will be no problem if anything u will suggest to modify. By the way the IC FSL 136MR is original one of Fairchild Semiconductor purchased online from Element14 India. So, please suggest whatever possible for this, will try to follow correctly. Thanks again.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    the problem is main power supplys or the standby, have 5.6v ref on sec or is dead
    Here is the pic of SMPS Board. By the way I could not understand "have 5.6v ref on sec or is dead". I think u r trying to say if I don't get 5.6v in Secondary side the SMPS shall be considered as dead forever. Am I right or something else. Can U please elaborate.
    IMG_2162.jpg

  10. #10
    you cant fine this one...! CQ0765RT

    yes 5.6 volst in the secundary stb is ok.. if not is totaly dead.

Similar Threads

  1. hypex UCD 700 repair
    By meakmusic in forum Class D
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 05:20 PM
  2. repair of delta / sanken DPS-85JB
    By steveiz1 in forum diysmps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 01:35 PM
  3. Repair of smps SOUNDCRAFT PSM300 HELP needed
    By Resonant in forum diysmps
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 07:35 PM
  4. Help Finding Core/Bobbin for SMPS Repair
    By crazifunguy in forum diysmps
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •