Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

smps

simple smps can it be diyed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiex View Post
    Yes I know I helped Oky along while he was building this smps. If you want to build it yourself than it is better to open anther tread. This smps can go up to 5Kw

Quote Originally Posted by rinchz View Post
    that was already there in the other thread uploaded by maxente i just cant find it right now, i have a little time, were about to leave for work i will post that link soon...
    Thanks. I found the Maxente thread below -
    http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showth...TX-transformer

However, your version is a bit different, and you rewound the ATX transformers, hence asked for all the details

Good day sir
    Thanks for your good works..Please am new here. My question is this
    I saw your input large bulk capacitor is just one instead of two.Rather you replaced the two bulk input divider capacitor with snall CBB polypropylene capacitors. Yes I know that that voltage will be halfed but will the little caps stand a full power load of 700w?
    I will be glad if you can post your answer for me in my email davidokem08@gmail.com. Am still studying the use of this diysmps interface
    Thanks

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiex View Post
    what is the value of q4 and q3 in the pfc stage?

Blog Entries
    @Davidson

Regarding the CBB caps yes they are enough and can pass all the current needed. I could also have use 0.47uF if I wanted. You will find out while you read on.

What would you say if you saw 2.5Kw smps for a pro amp and this capacitor value is 0.47uF.
    Just to let you know in my setup of the 700w smps these are doing two purposes. 1) they divide the voltage of the bus and 2) they serve also as a DC blocking capacitor.

In this configuration the reflected value of these two capacitors will be doubled. To make it more clear for you the value of these capacitors is 1uF each but the reflected value is 2uF as seen by the half bridge. This way each capacitor works at 50% duty cycle and will surely last more. Here these capacitors take a lot of beating and it is important that they will be of good quality and low ESR, also the voltage rating will be double of what passes in them. In this case I used 400v rating cbb caps.

If it had to be with two electrolytic capacitors to make the half bridge and only one blocking capacitor especially in high power smps I often see these being 600v rated, however in small and medium rated smps 400v will be adequate.

Regards Silvio

Blog Entries
    Hi steven
    I am not sure what he used exactly but make sure that the voltage rating of these mosfets be 600v or more. There are a lot of high voltage spikes in this area of the smps. The fact that he used two in parallel is due to the mosfets be of adequate current handling. 4kw at 400v is 10A and at lower voltage this will be higher. Mosfets cannot work at there peak current and here I guess working at 25% current rating will make a good choice. My guess he used 2 mosfets of 20A rating.

I hope this helps Regards Silvio

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Hi steven
    I am not sure what he used exactly but make sure that the voltage rating of these mosfets be 600v or more. There are a lot of high voltage spikes in this area of the smps. The fact that he used two in parallel is due to the mosfets be of adequate current handling. 4kw at 400v is 10A and at lower voltage this will be higher. Mosfets cannot work at there peak current and here I guess working at 25% current rating will make a good choice. My guess he used 2 mosfets of 20A rating.

I hope this helps Regards Silvio
    hi Silvio thanks for the reply .

Will a irfp 460 lc work it has 20amps ?

Blog Entries
    @ Stewin,

IRFP460 may work here as the voltage rating (500v) though is rather close to the peak operating voltage. A mosfet rated at 600v will be a better choice. Do not forget that here spikes are generated and 500v may be easily exceeded. It is worth a try but see that you fit an adequate snubber to suppress as much as possible. The type of core is also important here as some cores may generate spikes more than others. (my experience). Make a coupling loop on the PFC inductor and check with the oscilloscope. You can easily make out the voltage according to the turns ratio between the PFC inductor and the coupling loop.

Good luck and God bless you.
    Last edited by Silvio; 04-01-2020 at 06:53 AM.