Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Hi Steven, regarding the rise in output voltage could be due to the pfc section. If I understand correctly you have a pfc stage in your smps. Please remember that smps especially when they have regulation of some kind need a minimum load to operate correctly otherwise they tend to work in DCM (discontinuous conduction mode) This means it start switching on and off. The response in the pfc during this cycle can impose a voltage peak for a fraction of a second hence the voltage in the pfc will rise a little bit. This extra voltage will be seen on the output without load. To cure this problem put a small load on the output. You can also hook up the amplifier to it and check the response to see if the voltage rises.

If you are NOT using pfc then some other issue is occurring. Couple your scope to the secondary winding and observe if there is any spikes generation during oscillation. These could be generated at the switching of the FB circuit. It could be coming out of the GDT transformer and reflected to the waveform in the FB circuit pulsing the main transformer. One other cause could be the diodes generating this spike. Lastly leakage inductance in the main transformer.

Remedies.

1) Use a snubber across the primary winding, usually 330pF (1000v) and a low value resistor like 5.6R (3watts) will suffice.

2) A snubber on the secondary windings , usually 10nF and 10R (1W) resistor. use a single snubber on each of the main secondary windings. If you have a center tap winding then you need 2 snubbers

3) A snubber on the input to the GDT , usually 10nF and 47R (0.25w) resistor across the primary of the GDT

Regarding the overload protection. This was not my design but Oky did it. It could be that you may have stray capacitance that is triggering the overload prematurely. Try some de-coupling on the signal to the overload at source. C40 on the schematic is doing just that and also creating a small delay when the overload triggers. You can also insert a small inductor in the line. Be careful here do not use a large capacitor as it will create more delay before the overload triggers. This could be too late to save the fets.

I hope this will help you out.

Regards Silvio
    thanks for the reply silivio . will try and give feedback.

also microsim thanks for making this wonderful site . i have learnt alot and have met many wonderful people . please rectify the issue on uploads and let us know once you complete . thanking you in advance stewin

Upload issue has been resolved yesterday, now you can upload without any problem
    www.diysmps.com & www.Micro-Audio.com

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MicrosiM View Post
    Upload issue has been resolved yesterday, now you can upload without any problem
    oops still not working sir . just tried but not working

Quote Originally Posted by stewin View Post
    oops still not working sir . just tried but not working
    Can you tell me what error you got?

Blog Entries
    Simple when you try to upload a pic or file it simply would not upload. I tried one earlier today it was a jpg file (pic)of 700Kb

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Simple when you try to upload a pic or file it simply would not upload. I tried one earlier today it was a jpg file (pic)of 700Kb
    Very strange, it works for me here

did you try different browser?

diysmps Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MicrosiM View Post
    Can you tell me what error you got?
    no error but just saying uploading up to 100% then when it completes , there is no image to check and include in post

i have tried with google chrome and firefox mozilla , both are responding the same.
    Last edited by stewin; 07-20-2020 at 11:55 PM.