How to know parameters of existing SMPS Transformers ?

celsosc

Hello,
kind like to know if there are simple methods to measure the parameters of existing SMPS Transformers ?
Like ferrite core parameters, turn ratios, parameters of the primary or secondary windings.

I have a transformer like this:

The only data I have is that the secondary windings has 2400 turns and that this Transformer could be used with a fly-back topology at max. 15khz.

I would like to use this Transformer to built a plasma speaker. But would like to make some simulations on my PC first.

Thanks for any help and tricks to estimating the parameters.

OhMy

I am recovering transformer cores, but have no idea, how to estimate their properties. Sorry.

Godyreal

The winding in it and it's pinout doesn't or will not correspond with your amps layout. The awg of the primary and secondary may not be what u want, base on the components value for ur smps moreover in order to do so, u will need to know the output voltage, and current, effective cross sectional area of the ferrite core, Bmax, Frequency of oscillation and many others parameters. So technically u can't, u just to rewind it as u want. Or u can just open the core and unwind it and count the turns and wind it back,