2 kwts discreet class d need help

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
damnnn, double mosfet it will lower the thd lol :D , and i`m watching all bjt transistor is cool at this setup, Stewin u really need to test it in real live lol :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
hehehe u need at least 10 ampere of power supply to get real power 10 ampere on each rails, means 20 ampere total hahahaha :D

irvynejay

hi norazmi good to know this amp rocks,,may i know how much power this amp can produce and max load ,,max rails?

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
irvy u can load as lower 2 ohm, with proper inductor and caps filter and good mosfet, get irf540z its cheap one and very good in THD and fast, gate charge also 63nc nice mosfet. half bridge +/-47 10 ampere supply u can get at least 300 wrms 4 ohm and up to 600 wrms at 2 ohm. with double mosfet totem pole will get little more power and nice thd. 450 wrms 4 ohm and 800 wrms 2 ohm, this is my estimated only.

Hope Stewin can provide final schema for half bridge and full bridge. Full bridge will double that power hehe :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
please avoid BDs transistor at totem pole and change it with 2n5401 and 2n5551 and change pin leg accordingly.

capsighter

Hi norazmi thanks for your scheme and good explanation, if times permit im going to starts making some PCB layout for this Design... :)

Regards... chinokscapsighter

michelle

pcb

Hi Norazmi
greetings thanks for putting in so much effort into bridged amp cant wait to make it if you can share any pcb for it ugly one can do also your pcb can be redone i know little pcb making
cant wait to make it
warm regards
michelle

stewin

thanks nozrami you,ve said 2n are better than bd's why? cause the bd's they do heat but i've not placed them in a heat sink. if i use the 5401 and the 5551 will it work with 250's maybe 3pairs per channel at bridge mode at +/-70 at 4 ohms

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Stewin, on simulation those BD`s transistor work but seems its not fast enouh like 2N siries, i`ve done test both BD139+BD140 versus 2N5401+2N5551, and 2N will provide more faster and cool working good at high frequency. Stewin, with 2 pairs is enough with IRFP250N aty +/- 75 vdc, as u can see i already passed up to +/- 65 vdc before :D . But u can parallel them even 3 pairs, no probolem. Stewin will u make new pcb? Why not u post some picture of ur amp?

Michelle u can use stewin pcb, it would working good, any problem by making this amp i`ll help u, irvy are u going to setup this amp up?

tmdmitza

hi to all ... how is the sound in live aplications ???? i wan't to build this amp for live aplications ....

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
yep sure, hope to see anyone else wanna build this amp, read to the thread there is lots info about improvement and testing regarding this amp, the important thing is its CHEAP :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Bass test, watch it :D

[video=youtube;e5a30Ci34D4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5a30Ci34D4[/video]