2 kwts discreet class d need help

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
with snubber it will work but not well.. hehehe :D . i`ve done it before for testing and result it will failed after few days of playing hard.

pergo

yeah, because the RC modify the frequency response of the feedback loop, and the UCD technology is based on the frequency responce (in particular, where the phase angle goes on 180°).

manojtm

Hi All

simple self osc. FULL BAND fsw=450KHz UCD no other complication, you can add protection later. change with high voltage MOSFET (500V) supply +140V & -140V you will get 2000W.

Attachments

• self UCD 400W.jpg
    self UCD 400W.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 596

tebci

Hi All

simple self osc. FULL BAND fsw=450KHz UCD no other complication, you can add protection later. change with high voltage MOSFET (500V) supply +140V & -140V you will get 2000W.

dear, do u have any class-d amplifier without chips drive? i dont like chips like IR. i like d amp with components

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
it working good pergo, i`ve with me 2 models, with totem pole and without totem pole. Stewin just cannot post hes amp because hes dont have camera i think. But i would welcome to anyone to design new pcb for single sided and i`ll give full support for it.

regards.

pergo

How about Freq oscillation?
How about idle mosfet heat? (no heat, little heat, etc..)
How about some problems with the circuit? It work without tweaks in the posted schematic?

Good to hear this news!

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Freq Osc is about 400-500Khz, its depend how you design ur pcb and trace. Mosfet is totally no heat when idle, load with 8 ohm only warm, 4 ohm small warm, 2 ohm the heat less than class AB, 1 ohm load i tested with IRFP140N totempole 4 pcs test voltage +/- 50vdc heat like class AB when full drive with 1 ohm load.

What is the problem in the circuit? No problem so far. the problem will come when u used wrong component :D .

regards.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
aha, i did not test yet with protection, i just simulate it. the protection work in ltspice. I believe it will work in real life. Ill make real test soon with short circuit protection, but it might work nicely.

pergo

they work because it's me !!!! LOL

Just joking. ;)
They should work ok because i test them in other amplifiers.

That protection scheme is very "modular". You can choose what you need, simply add or remove stages. So, if the work alone, they also will work all together.

pergo

I made hybrid car amps in particular. Hybrid with Tube VAS, and Latfet or bjt output stage, no global feedback.
I use DC and overload protection like that circuit.
But i see them also in car-SPL amplifier (which i repair, in Italy).

So that schema is very reliable, easy to bulid, and very effective.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
ohhh.. i can see that, ur most experience person in audio. I can bet u did very well. Ill give it a try for the protection when i`ve complete 2kw class -h from diysmps groupbuy. Its not hard to build just need few component to complete the module. I`ll post the result. I need to wait couple of week to receive last part.

So back to discrete amp, this amp is amazing, i can bet its cheap too. You can build one pergo, make it single sided pcb i`ll check for the component for ya. Stewin did well but with double sided pcb, but no one yet here include protection probably for shortcircuit into this ucd.

regards,
Azmi