2 kwts discreet class d need help

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
i`ll update with some fully setup into casing with this amp by using totem pole style, 2 pair per channel and 4 pair for stereo. Since i`ve finish 2kw class H with successfully setup, now i`ve time to play with class D amp and smps project again. I would like to recommend for who is looking for high end power amp and powerfull amp to have class H 2krms, almost no distortion at all. For whos fanatic and need big power class H 2krms is the answer, at least u should have 1 module stereo for your project. :D . This is my first class H amp.

exflaco

Norazmi y am isteresting in you design could share pcb and schem ,class d work well at lower powers,k 500mhz not easy 2kw

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
i think you mention freq is 500Khz, its easy to have 2kwrms power with low load, good power supply and current such as 2 ohm load. Totem pole with 2 pair mosfet and fullbridge u can get 2krms easily , recommended output mosfet is irf3710 minimum must be 0.01XX-0.02XX Rds-on.

For the pcb and schema, Stewin already release it for the 2 design of this amp, totem pole and without totem pole, refer to back page.

regards.

stewin

Attachments

• gtG ucd single discreet without protc custom small sink 2 components full.pdf
    44.5 KB · Views: 294
  • gtG ucd single discreet without protc custom small sink 2 schema.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 411
  • gtG ucd single discreet without protc custom small sink 2 pcb artwork stereo .pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 489
  • DSC01887.jpg
    DSC01887.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC01780.jpg
    DSC01780.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC01778.jpg
    DSC01778.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC01776.jpg
    DSC01776.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 147

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
i can see small amp there, good double layer pcb. U should test it with smps :D as i already did to my discrete ucd no noise coming at output .

stewin

i think i am unlucky with ucd because if i manage to make the amp silent , when i load the other channel with a sub woofer and drive it hard you can hear some small amount of noise on the other channel if it silent . but apart from the small noise the sound quality is very great.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
I`ll try to investigate with drive 2 channel (stereo) provide noise or else. So far i dont face it yet, but with lm311 alot of noise coming from it and i feel non ucd and discrete ucd is more better than ucd. There is a lot thing to do, more complex to work with high freq and u will learn from there :D .

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
I`ll do pergo, i have LT1011 and LT1016 on hand. I`ll test with full bridge discrete ucd too for the next project.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
I`ve working OCP protection, success tested today and it work 100%. I will provide schematic (originally from classd.from.ru) but i did alter few parts and simulate with LTspice. Will provide pcb and schematic. :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Watch it live : [video=youtube;_Ip7Ky8Psko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ip7Ky8Psko[/video]

Enjoy!!

michelle

Hi Norazmi
greetings is it possible to use opa series op amps instead of LM311 would noise figures come down
warm regards
michelle

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Thanks Michelle, Its not LM311 i think you mean TL072 @ NE5532 have same pin. Yes u can use OPA no problem with it. I`ve no noise probolem with discrete ucd.

michelle

Hi Norazmi
greetings is it LTV817S OPTO USED in protection short circuit can you share schematic
warm regards
michelle